V1 attack Christmas 1944

I am aware of the V1 bomb that fell near Killamarsh on or about Christmas Eve 1944 but I've just been reading a biography of Edith Sitwell of Renishaw Hall, and in it she claims that seven V1 bombs either passed over or fell near Renishaw Hall during the same attack. She was hiding under the kitchen table at the time and claims that the explosion of one bomb fell close enough for the blast to blow the kitchen door open.

She can be very accurate in her recording of events but sometimes she can be prone to a little embroidering of the truth. I'd be grateful if anyone has any further information about this before I venture into the physical archives.

If I remember correctly, 40 odd V1s were launched at Manchester from Heinkel bombers that night, most coming down off target, only one of which came down near Beighton.

10 hours ago, Voldy said:

Have you seen this?      http://www.chrishobbs.com/beightondoodlebug1944.htm

Yes, I knew about that account and had researched that particular bomb myself some years ago. The Edith Sitwell account appears to stand alone, but when time allows I'll research it properly.