8 hours ago, redbig said:

So to sum up, cheapest tickets on the gate are £33 (exactly what I said in my first post). 

To sum up, exactly what you said in your first post was:

'Will be made worse by lack of atmosphere. Tickets £33 minimum.'

Must inform the Oxford Dictionary that 'minimum' now means 'on the gate'.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

To sum up, exactly what you said in your first post was:

'Will be made worse by lack of atmosphere. Tickets £33 minimum.'

Must inform the Oxford Dictionary that 'minimum' now means 'on the gate'.

So if you're using membership prices as minimum you need to use season ticket prices too? 

The cheapest price available is £33, with no £50 band b gold memberships, no season tickets, that's the price that someone would pay if they weren't a regular attendee, on the gate, or on the internet or however you want to twist it. 

Great crowd by the way, never thought they'd get that many

2 hours ago, redbig said:

So if you're using membership prices as minimum you need to use season ticket prices too? 

The cheapest price available is £33, with no £50 band b gold memberships, no season tickets, that's the price that someone would pay if they weren't a regular attendee, on the gate, or on the internet or however you want to twist it. 

Great crowd by the way, never thought they'd get that many

If your not a regular attendee at any entertainment event or chose to pay on the day you'll pay a premium its not exclusive to SWFC, the crowd number today sort of negates your whole point.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

If your not a regular attendee at any entertainment event or chose to pay on the day you'll pay a premium its not exclusive to SWFC, the crowd number today sort of negates your whole point.

Not by an extra £12. There's premium and there's milking the fans. 

Good crowd today no doubt, but to say that negates the whole point is wrong. Over the course of the season, especially if we're mid table like now, we'll have 10-15k empty seats per game. 

Baffling that anyone can defend this pricing policy by talking about memberships and premiums. Quite simply the prices are above and beyond 

32 minutes ago, redbig said:

Good crowd today no doubt, but to say that negates the whole point is wrong. Over the course of the season, especially if we're mid table like now, we'll have 10-15k empty seats per game. 

Baffling that anyone can defend this pricing policy by talking about memberships and premiums. Quite simply the prices are above and beyond 

Spot on,theres more wrong than right since DC took the club on,hes alienated 3-4K in walk ups for a start,60 quid for a shirt,there 20 quid on ebay in september or any market stall,the side have gone backwards and yet he still expects us to buy into his fantasy,the blokes deluded beyond words.

Hes much to learn about football as a business and even more to learn about sheffield as a city and the clubs supporters,the blokes so out of touch its untrue,he just doesnt listen,hes here to make a quick buck and move on,hes a hollow man with meaningless words,he talks drivel,lets hope he sells up and buggers off SOON,the blokes full of his sen and nowt else matters.

On 04/05/2019 at 10:42, Pettytom said:

I don’t know.

I bought a pint the other week and was charged £28. I thought that was a bit much.

(The club agreed with me and sorted the mistake)

I think that pies are about 3:50 and a hot drink is 2:50. 

You "thought" 28 quid a pint was a bit much. Lol.

21 hours ago, redbig said:

So to sum up, cheapest tickets on the gate are £33 (exactly what I said in my first post). 

Unless you've spent £50 minimum on a membership that went up £30 in one season. Kind of proves the point that Wednesday fans are being ripped off 

Except you're forgetting that almost all the people going to the game are season ticket holders and don't pay on the gate.

7 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Spot on,theres more wrong than right since DC took the club on,hes alienated 3-4K in walk ups for a start,60 quid for a shirt,there 20 quid on ebay in september or any market stall,the side have gone backwards and yet he still expects us to buy into his fantasy,the blokes deluded beyond words.

Hes much to learn about football as a business and even more to learn about sheffield as a city and the clubs supporters,the blokes so out of touch its untrue,he just doesnt listen,hes here to make a quick buck and move on,hes a hollow man with meaningless words,he talks drivel,lets hope he sells up and buggers off SOON,the blokes full of his sen and nowt else matters.

He’s made mistakes yes but your allegation that he’s here to make a quick buck is wrong, his family are billionaires, he doesn’t need the money.

8 hours ago, redbig said:

When he’s reduced the prices the crowd numbers haven’t significantly increased. How many games do you attend a season?

59 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

He’s made mistakes yes but your allegation that he’s here to make a quick buck is wrong, his family are billionaires, he doesn’t need the money.

When he’s reduced the prices the crowd numbers haven’t significantly increased. How many games do you attend a season?

Well, they are rich people, but not Billionaires, let's stick to the facts.

21 hours ago, rogets said:

I hope Wednesday don't become another Derby County type of team

Always not quite good enough

That must be torture

Lot of clubs in the division fallen on hard times. Have to be some " sorting out " during the summer. Good news for the Owls is that the three  relegated clubs coming down aren't of the Newcastle, Aston Villa, West Brom pedigree and all three would struggle to average 20,000 crowds in the 2nd tier.

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Your right about that, fans haven't given him a good reason to reduce ticket prices when tickets have been reduced previously. Unfortunately 33 quid is too much for me at the minute, had they been 20 quid I might of stretched to it but I get why they aren't better priced normally

8 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

He stated when he took the club on that he would look to sell it if it was successfull with the intention of making a profit.

Offering ONE or two games per season @ 20 quid is futile,those who POTG know full well the next game is 35-40 quid so whats the point when you cant afford to attend the other games............so they go and find other things to occupy their spare saturdays,some now watch non league football,others take their kids carting or on day trips,make no mistake weve lost a fair few in numbers and they wont come back while hes here or theres a drastic cut in matchday pricing.

I go home and away,Im fortunate,occasionally nature of my job means I cant get,but I dont miss many.Not everyone has that luxury

Edited by staninoodle