6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The home seats are almost sold out. I’ve given you a link to the availability earlier in the thread.  So the answer to your question is “not many”. If the game meant anything, the ground would be full.

I agree that it is quite a lot of money, but I paid £35 to watch a first round session at the snooker last week and I regularly pay much more to watch bands.  

I’d much rather pay £35 to watch Westwood, Bannan and Hooper, than pay £25 to watch Reda and chums.

if you don’t like it, don’t pay it. There are plenty that will 

"If you don't like it don't pay it". The classic I'm alright Jack. 

We're taking 2nd Division Wednesday here not world snooker. Plenty don't pay it and the crowds back that up. Put the prices down and maybe a bit more backing will spur the team on

But as long as you're alright why bother ?

Edited by redbig

17 minutes ago, redbig said:

"If you don't like it don't pay it". The classic I'm alright Jack. 

We're taking 2nd Division Wednesday here not world snooker. Plenty don't pay it and the crowds back that up. Put the prices down and maybe a bit more backing will spur the team on

But as long as you're alright why bother ?

I’m not sure what you want. The price of tomorrow’s game is £23 on the kop.  Borrow a membership if you don’t have your own. 

My attitude is nothing  about “I’m alright Jack”, I think it is a reasonable price, certainly in comparison to other forms of entertainment. It seems that 25k+ others feel the same way.

I guess they they could just field amateur players and charge £10.  I wonder what the crowd would be then.

Edited by Pettytom

14 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’m not sure what you want. The price of tomorrow’s game is £23 on the kop.  Borrow a membership if you don’t have your own. 

My attitude is nothing  about “I’m alright Jack”, I think it is a reasonable price, certainly in comparison to other forms of entertainment. It seems that 25k+ others feel the same way.

I guess they they could just field amateur players and charge £10.  I wonder what the crowd would be then.

On that basis it's actually £21 as I could just borrow a season ticket ? Its £33, no matter how you paint it. Last 2 crowds under 24k. 21k ish season tickets & away fans. Doesn't leave many paying the ridiculous prices does it ? 

Using just 2 examples of teams promoted, did Huddersfield and United have to field an amateur side to avoid high ticket prices ? 

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

The home seats are almost sold out. I’ve given you a link to the availability earlier in the thread.  So the answer to your question is “not many”. If the game meant anything, the ground would be full.

I agree that it is quite a lot of money, but I paid £35 to watch a first round session at the snooker last week and I regularly pay much more to watch bands.  

I’d much rather pay £35 to watch Westwood, Bannan and Hooper, than pay £25 to watch Reda and chums.

if you don’t like it, don’t pay it. There are plenty that will 

How much is a hot pie and a cup of Oxo these days,20quid ? 😮

Edited by Ontarian1981

39 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

How much is a hot pie and a cup of Oxo these days,20quid ? 😮

I don’t know.

I bought a pint the other week and was charged £28. I thought that was a bit much.

(The club agreed with me and sorted the mistake)

I think that pies are about 3:50 and a hot drink is 2:50. 

8 hours ago, redbig said:

On that basis it's actually £21 as I could just borrow a season ticket ? Its £33, no matter how you paint it. Last 2 crowds under 24k. 21k ish season tickets & away fans. Doesn't leave many paying the ridiculous prices does it ? 

Using just 2 examples of teams promoted, did Huddersfield and United have to field an amateur side to avoid high ticket prices ? 

There are very few "walk up" fans attend games these days, if you attend say 6-10 games a membership is worth the 50 quid, attend more than that and an ST is your thing, many forms of entertainment charge more "on the day".

25 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

There are very few "walk up" fans attend games these days, if you attend say 6-10 games a membership is worth the 50 quid, attend more than that and an ST is your thing, many forms of entertainment charge more "on the day".

If course there are, when it's a big game or tickets are cheap, but folk won't pay these prices unless we're challenging at the top.

And Wednesday are charging £12 more on the day than the equivalent season ticket price 

Adult tickets are,

Members,    

Kop £23

North £26

South £29

Non members

Kop £33

North £36

South £39

According to sw website

2 hours ago, pintor said:

Adult tickets are,

Members,    

Kop £23

North £26

South £29

Non members

Kop £33

North £36

South £39

According to sw website

So to sum up, cheapest tickets on the gate are £33 (exactly what I said in my first post). 

Unless you've spent £50 minimum on a membership that went up £30 in one season. Kind of proves the point that Wednesday fans are being ripped off

Today’s line up against QPR:

Westwood

Palmer

Lee

Fox

Pelupessy

Fletcher

Lees

Joao

Matias

Hector

Foresetieri

Subs: 
Dawson, Thorniley, Penney, Hutchinson, Hooper, Nuhiu, Winnall.

3 hours ago, pintor said:

Adult tickets are,

Members,    

Kop £23

North £26

South £29

Non members

Kop £33

North £36

South £39

According to sw website

I have to smile. I am thinking about my dear old Dad when looking at these massive prices he stopped going to matches when he came back from a match spitting venom and vowed never to go again after being ROBBED paying 2/6d (  12 pence).They had put it up by a massive 2p without telling any one and he never did go again. Here we are talking as if 23 to 39 quid is nothing I wonder what wonderful comment he would make now if he was here reading this.

I hope Wednesday don't become another Derby County type of team

Always not quite good enough

That must be torture