For Sale - Top flight football club. SUFC court case

On 12/09/2019 at 22:07, cmonkes said:

Thought this might have already been a hot point of discussion on here, especially amongst the doom and gloom brigade.

The official conclusion of the ownership battle will officially be announced next Monday, the 16 September at 10:15am. As a top flight outfit, you can bet your bottom dollar that Sky and Co will be poised outside of the high court, awaiting the verdict. 

Personally; I see no other result than that in favour of Mr McCabe and rightly so!... Prince Abdullah simply hasn't delivered on his promises and feels that he deserves a piece of the pie, despite running away and closing his wallet when called upon over recent seasons. Trying to source alternative investment from associates (with worrying names mentioned), rather than putting his own hands in his pocket. 

McCabe has stuck by this club through thick and thin! Selflessly bankrolling a loss making club in order to balance the books. He didn't want to have to do it, he was quite vocal about that fact.  He's 10's of millions out of pocket, over the tenure it has simply become a bottomless pit. But he has stood by the club and he has continued to cough up, until such a time that he can pass it over into safe hands.

Neither owner want this club for keeps, both a looking at cashing in and I am fine by this. We are a top flight club and we may well need a big cash boost in January to keep us in this league.

Give McCabe control of his club! Let him take some of the money back that he is rightfully owed and let him hand it over to the safe hands that he has lined up in the wings. 

As for HRH Prince Abdullah.... Thanks but no thanks! You walked away from the club in order to conduct "official government business", you then swerved all financial commitments to the club when called upon. We were close to wages not getting paid until Mr McCabe came to the rescue. You deserve nothing from our football club and I expect you to get nothing come Monday!

One thing for sure... It is Full steam ahead come Monday lunchtime!.. With no more dark clouds hovering around the place, Mr Wilder can continue to do what he does best! With the club holding its own in the finest league in the world right now, any new owners with ambitious investment will have a field day.  One of the finest managers in the country! A fantastic workman-like squad of players!...Solid foundations to invest and build upon!

The future is bright! The future is red and white!

It'll certainly be a hot topic now 🤣

7 minutes ago, Moistened said:

I agree, they're not fans, how many chairmen are these days? 

I agree that McCabe had the best intentions, but it was mistake after mistake until he brought Wilder came in, which was probably pure luck. 

Well after this decision Wilder might be on his way out God forbid.

1 minute ago, petcharlie said:

Well after this decision Wilder might be on his way out God forbid.

Why would he leave? 

This may not be as bad as it appears, prior to appointing Wilder McCabe made some catastrophic decision, appointing CW got him out of a hole of his own making.

1 minute ago, Brooker11 said:

This may not be as bad as it appears, prior to appointing Wilder McCabe made some catastrophic decision, appointing CW got him out of a hole of his own making.

I agree, I'm just staying away from social media for a few days! A lot of overreactions. 

13 minutes ago, Moistened said:

Why would he leave? 

Reading between the lines and the things he has said he was hoping for a MaCabe win.It was MaCabe that persuaded Wilder to rethink his future with the club when Wilder publicly threatend he would look else where for a job over this issue twelve months ago.Now we have the verdict I wonder what his thoughts might be now.

The point is the prince is skint who puts money into the club now?A club that like many more clubs needs financial support from the owners.

We were obviously discussing this after the match on Saturday.  One rumour / story doing the rounds was that if the Prince was successful in winning the court case, he would be looking to get rid of the Academy at Shirecliffe to sell the land off to property developers? 

If true at some future stage, this would be a backwards step, considering the talent that has come out of there over the years, unless the Academy itself is going to be relocated? 

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Take it verdict has gone the way of the prince then. While I agree McCabe has dropped some clangers in his time he has kept prices low whilst getting them into the premiership (not that I'm a fan of the league). Wilder did save save his bacon o agree but I think I'd still rather it be him over the prince if I was a blade.

23 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Take it verdict has gone the way of the prince then. While I agree McCabe has dropped some clangers in his time he has kept prices low whilst getting them into the premiership (not that I'm a fan of the league). Wilder did save save his bacon o agree but I think I'd still rather it be him over the prince if I was a blade.

With McCabe it would be a steady approach, the Prince is more of a shot in the dark.

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

While I agree McCabe has dropped some clangers in his time 

From the looks of things his greatest clanger has cost him the club.

Made a promise to sell his half for 5 million quid, was surprised when the Prince took him up on that one.

I see T.C. is pondering over his position on the board after the verdict.Another full blown Blade who will be replaced by another unknown who will not know a thing about the club just like the owner .I bet the kids money boxes will be raided to fund buying MaCabes shares.Must say the prince has played a blinder Half of the club for a pound while in league one and the other half for 5 mill while in the prem.Sell on for maybe 100mill for a prem club.Now that is a deal.

I think United have dogged an almighty bullet here.

For years McCabe has top sliced profit to subsidise his failing businesses, to the detriment of the club. He has been reluctant to fund the club in signings but has invested in the ground and infrastructure (as this was financially beneficial to him)

Though I don't think the Prince is the answer to United flourishing, his next move maybe.