For Sale - Top flight football club. SUFC court case

I find it a bit weird that Owls fan who harped on for years about McCabe lining is own pockets (nobody in particular on here by the way) are suddenly changing opinion and saying that McCabe leaving, would be a loss to us. 

In our current position, I feel more comfortable in allowing McCabe to have his wish in moving on.... Self admittedly, McCabe doesn't have deep enough pockets to bankroll us in the top flight.  He has openly stated this fact for the best part of a decade and always said that should we achieve promotion, he wanted somebody alongside him at the very least (this was supposedly HRH's job).

McCabe has been the saviour of our club and I never understood the uneducated bashing. 

We tried top flight football a decade ago and we failed... Despite the whole "west ham player saga", we didn't show enough intent and we didn't invest heavily enough into the job at hand.  McCabe threw all that he felt that he sensibly could. but it wasn't enough. Upon being relegated, we then went on to suffer for our lack of ambition.

But throughout our fall from grace, McCabe continued to pump money into the running costs of the club. He balanced the books for us and kept us afloat, changing the whole running mentality of the club in the process. We are now self sufficient to an extent and we are able to look after ourselves a lot better.

Ok, McCabe transfer assets out of the club.....but there was sound business sense behind doing so. It wasn't for his own benefit in the slightest and the club as a whole is much better off as a result. 

All this "McCabe lining his own pockets stuff, couldn't be further from the truth. If anything. McCabe has continued to pump money into running costs at the club.....Should he have taken anything from transfer etc. then it was only money due to him.  In fact it was the mounting monies owed to him, that prompted for him to go out and find alternative investment into the playing side of things. 

We have been looked after by the McCabe family and I personally am thankful for everything that he has done.....But he has delivered now and I know full well that we need to move on to the next level in ownership, if we want to be competitive. 

Scary times, but never the less necessary times....I just hope the new owners share the club values in the same respect that our previous owner did!

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

I find it a bit weird that Owls fan who harped on for years about McCabe lining is own pockets (nobody in particular on here by the way) are suddenly changing opinion and saying that McCabe leaving, would be a loss to us. 

In our current position, I feel more comfortable in allowing McCabe to have his wish in moving on.... Self admittedly, McCabe doesn't have deep enough pockets to bankroll us in the top flight.  He has openly stated this fact for the best part of a decade and always said that should we achieve promotion, he wanted somebody alongside him at the very least (this was supposedly HRH's job).

McCabe has been the saviour of our club and I never understood the uneducated bashing. 

We tried top flight football a decade ago and we failed... Despite the whole "west ham player saga", we didn't show enough intent and we didn't invest heavily enough into the job at hand.  McCabe threw all that he felt that he sensibly could. but it wasn't enough. Upon being relegated, we then went on to suffer for our lack of ambition.

But throughout our fall from grace, McCabe continued to pump money into the running costs of the club. He balanced the books for us and kept us afloat, changing the whole running mentality of the club in the process. We are now self sufficient to an extent and we are able to look after ourselves a lot better.

Ok, McCabe transfer assets out of the club.....but there was sound business sense behind doing so. It wasn't for his own benefit in the slightest and the club as a whole is much better off as a result. 

All this "McCabe lining his own pockets stuff, couldn't be further from the truth. If anything. McCabe has continued to pump money into running costs at the club.....Should he have taken anything from transfer etc. then it was only money due to him.  In fact it was the mounting monies owed to him, that prompted for him to go out and find alternative investment into the playing side of things. 

We have been looked after by the McCabe family and I personally am thankful for everything that he has done.....But he has delivered now and I know full well that we need to move on to the next level in ownership, if we want to be competitive. 

Scary times, but never the less necessary times....I just hope the new owners share the club values in the same respect that our previous owner did!

WELL SAID AND SO TRUE.

7 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Fair enough, it depends what your wanting from your club. If your wanting to be competitive like trying to get into the top 10 or better constantly the McCabe isn't the best person to be in charge but it carrys risks trying too hard as we found out.

I've said before I'm not a big fan of the premiership, I'd be happy for Wednesday to yo yo between the championship and premiership while keeping prices reasonable. If you did that McCabe would be fine.

Like I say the club is in a great position looking in, a new foreign chairman could change things in a bad way but if McCabe is adamant about going then you'll just have to hope he chooses well for the investor

On 02/05/2019 at 15:58, lobster said:

not going to be easy as people think . Mccabe has been trying to off load Utd for years and he finally thought he found a mug in the Poundland Prince . Who it turnsout is not the mug he thought . Given the Byzantine structure with MCcabe  owning various assets and income streams just what is up for sale ??????????

Everything is up for sale, the club, the land, ground, the training facilities, everything.  

Everything is above board as well, no "Eleva8" sports drinks, no "D-Taxi", a cab company now based in Hong Kong and with no actual cars.

3 hours ago, Grappler said:

Everything is up for sale, the club, the land, ground, the training facilities, everything.  

Everything is above board as well, no "Eleva8" sports drinks, no "D-Taxi", a cab company now based in Hong Kong and with no actual cars.

Knowing McCabe he will not tell all until the time is right .In my opinion there could be more to this than meets the eye.Besides there is a court case he has to come through before he can do anything.I think most Blades would prefer McCabe to come out on top rather than the prince.

On 04/05/2019 at 11:20, Grappler said:

What isn't above board about the two companies you mention?

On 04/05/2019 at 14:38, petcharlie said:

Knowing McCabe he will not tell all until the time is right .In my opinion there could be more to this than meets the eye.Besides there is a court case he has to come through before he can do anything.I think most Blades would prefer McCabe to come out on top rather than the prince.

Well as I thought early Kevin McCabe has something in the pipe line .He has announced there is a person or company that is interested in large investment in the club which is to be expected now we are in the Prem.How large we do not know but I suppose it comes down to the court case result.It's all good news down at the Lane just hope the court case turns out to be non toxic.

Take it you don't read the Star.

46 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Take it you don't read the Star.

Does anybody these days?

1 hour ago, Grappler said:

Does anybody these days?

Fair point.

There’s a loan  or two, with a question mark or two over them.  Maybe not as above board as you thought 

Posted (edited)

McCabe is a genuine lifelong Blade who has the clubs interest at heart, obviously his own and his family's needs come first, but he brought the Prince into the club. I've not followed the legal shenanigans at all but if the Prince turns out to be a wrong un with less than noble intentions it's McCabe's fault for not doing due diligence at the outset.

What are the salient issues in this dispute ? Can't be bothered reading through reams of legal documents 

Edited by Ridgewalk