For Sale - Top flight football club. SUFC court case

3 hours ago, petcharlie said:

We can't you are right but as a old git you do not tend to believe much that politicians and football club owners say.He told MaCabe how wealthy he was and when the crunch came he had now't .Now he tells us of all his plans for the club but I still remain unconvinced .I really hope I am wrong I don't mind being wrong if it all turns out right but I have heard so much bull---- in my life I tend to doubt greeks bearing gifts or in this case Arabs.

All I've heard so far is what I'd expect a new owner to say when taking a club over. I still think you'd of been better off with McCabe but not all foreign owners are bad news so who knows.

Apparently there are 2 American businessmen, Dave Checketts & Alan Paceremain interested in buying the Blades if the Prince decides to sell.  

More concerning is the Sheffield Star running a story that the Prince feels he needs to assure fans that he's no intention of moving the Blades away from Bramall Lane. 

Edited by Baron99

On 17/09/2019 at 11:15, Jim Hardie said:

Undoubtedly, but I don't think Tony Currie will have much input.

I agree Jim footballers are not noted for being BIG businessmen and the club is bigger than individuals whoever they are or what nationality is either

On 17/09/2019 at 11:43, Jim Hardie said:

I can see another court case on the horizon if Prince Abdullah doesn't like the price.

I think that the price of all the assets was set, as of July this year.  I am sure that is in the (incredibly long!) summing up of Judge Fancourt's decision.

It was probably the fairest way to rule on this.  McCabe has to sell for the price he triggered the sale at, but also gets to sell the ground, academy, etc., for market rate as of July 2019.

The Prince gets to buy the club at a low price (McCabe triggered that price point) but has to buy the assets rather than rent them.

In the long run, McCabe gets to retire and become just a supporter of the club, The Prince has a Premier League club, which he has always wanted.

37 minutes ago, Grappler said:

I think that the price of all the assets was set, as of July this year.  I am sure that is in the (incredibly long!) summing up of Judge Fancourt's decision.

It was probably the fairest way to rule on this.  McCabe has to sell for the price he triggered the sale at, but also gets to sell the ground, academy, etc., for market rate as of July 2019.

The Prince gets to buy the club at a low price (McCabe triggered that price point) but has to buy the assets rather than rent them.

In the long run, McCabe gets to retire and become just a supporter of the club, The Prince has a Premier League club, which he has always wanted.

Thanks for the clarification Grappler.

2 hours ago, Grappler said:

A decent summary but I don't think Mr McCabe will be viewing it quite as cosy as that, he's just lost the club he's pumped millions in to keep afloat for a song, the real estate was valued at around £40m so he's not even getting his money back.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

A decent summary but I don't think Mr McCabe will be viewing it quite as cosy as that, he's just lost the club he's pumped millions in to keep afloat for a song, the real estate was valued at around £40m so he's not even getting his money back.

Well, we all know how real estate values can change, eh? 

13 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Not if they're fixed to the July 2019 rates.

1 hour ago, Grappler said:

Out of interest, do you know how the ground was valued and by whom? There can't be many precedents for a football ground being sold as a going concern. Unless it's valued solely as a piece of building land, I don't see how a price could be placed upon it. Same goes for the academy.

Usually the value of an item is only what someone else is prepared to pay for it but that doesn't apply when it's only going to be offered to one person. A very unusual situation.

29 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Out of interest, do you know how the ground was valued and by whom? There can't be many precedents for a football ground being sold as a going concern. Unless it's valued solely as a piece of building land, I don't see how a price could be placed upon it. Same goes for the academy.

Usually the value of an item is only what someone else is prepared to pay for it but that doesn't apply when it's only going to be offered to one person. A very unusual situation.

I agree it is an odd one, wasn’t the land that Doncasters old ground worth a fortune so the then chairman tried to run the club down (and burn the place down) to sell it on for a huge profit. It obviously wasn’t worth much with the stadium still on it.

Land around Heeley could be worth a lot to a Chinese investor.

44 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I agree it is an odd one, wasn’t the land that Doncasters old ground worth a fortune so the then chairman tried to run the club down (and burn the place down) to sell it on for a huge profit. It obviously wasn’t worth much with the stadium still on it.

Ah Belle Vue had a few Friday nights there back in the 6Os. I believe it was the largest actual playing surface in the country at the time.

I remember Tony Coleman punching the referee in his last game for the Rovers against Notts County. Lol. He went to Man City the following year after serving a 3 month ban. I believe He actually punched the City coach Malcolm Allison in a nightclub later on, fiery little bugger but a great winger in his day..

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Doncaster wasn't a premier league club at the time, lol. The worth to SUFC must be greater than the value of the land.