For Sale - Top flight football club. SUFC court case

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

I fully agree with him on that, can you imagine the likes of Ferguson or Clough being told what to do. Rumours of links to a Dutch buyout this morning.

Clough lost  jobs with two big clubs by not doing what he was told.Lol.

7 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Good points

Suspect you're right on that one. He got lucky with Wilder. Unfortunately, for us Blades, one of the links that bound Wilder to the club has now gone

According to Jim Phipps the Prince played a massive part in keeping Wilder at the club.

2 hours ago, nikki-red said:

According to Jim Phipps the Prince played a massive part in keeping Wilder at the club.

I do hope you are right .I am a big believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it .Do not like change when things have been going so well .Wilder is bound to be having deep thoughts about his position .The Blades have tried their best to make him uncomfortable over the last year or so.We are really good at shooting our selves in the foot.Other clubs must be watching the situation just hope all the jobs are taken.Keep with it Chris you are idolised at the Lane more than you could ever be anywhere else ,it is YOUR  home.

So far the prince has said all the right things to keep the fans happy. This season shouldn't be an issue anyway unless he sacks wilder if your doing poor. It's if your back in the championship for a few seasons, what would he do when parachute payments dry up? Will he up prices, pay silly money for players to get back up(that would only happen if wilder wasn't there though I think). 

In the short term I don't think you need to worry, it's more longer term where there might be issues

Ive still got no idea which owner i would have preferred to win the court case.

McCabe had already sold the club  to the Americans if he won, so who knows what would have happened there.

The Prince is talking long(ish) term about keeping Wilder even if we are relegated and improving the ground.

Time will tell but so far our new owner is saying all the right things.

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

So far the prince has said all the right things to keep the fans happy. This season shouldn't be an issue anyway unless he sacks wilder if your doing poor. It's if your back in the championship for a few seasons, what would he do when parachute payments dry up? Will he up prices, pay silly money for players to get back up(that would only happen if wilder wasn't there though I think). 

In the short term I don't think you need to worry, it's more longer term where there might be issues

The Prince has said that the fans deserve more and he will look into improving the facilities for the fans.  He states that CW is has the final word as to the playing staff

The full team has had a photo shoot today and all looked VERY happy

6 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

The Prince has said that the fans deserve more and he will look into improving the facilities for the fans.  He states that CW is has the final word as to the playing staff

Like I say short term it shouldn't be an issue. 2 or 3 seasons down the line who knows. None of us can predict what will happen unfortunately

1 hour ago, barry-333 said:

Did you expect him to come out and say anything different?

The proof is in the pudding and only time will tell!

2 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Classic politician's doublespeak.

I'll look into doing XYZ isn't the same as I'll do XYZ.

I was optimistic until I heard that the Prince is bringing his daughter and son in law in to run the club. They're presumably quite young and won't be steeped in the traditions and culture of Sheffield United unlike Mcabe and family. I'm fearing a boat being rocked.

14 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Like I say short term it shouldn't be an issue. 2 or 3 seasons down the line who knows. None of us can predict what will happen unfortunately

We can't you are right but as a old git you do not tend to believe much that politicians and football club owners say.He told MaCabe how wealthy he was and when the crunch came he had now't .Now he tells us of all his plans for the club but I still remain unconvinced .I really hope I am wrong I don't mind being wrong if it all turns out right but I have heard so much bull---- in my life I tend to doubt greeks bearing gifts or in this case Arabs.

On 12/09/2019 at 22:07, cmonkes said:

Thought this might have already been a hot point of discussion on here, especially amongst the doom and gloom brigade.

The official conclusion of the ownership battle will officially be announced next Monday, the 16 September at 10:15am. As a top flight outfit, you can bet your bottom dollar that Sky and Co will be poised outside of the high court, awaiting the verdict. 

Personally; I see no other result than that in favour of Mr McCabe and rightly so!... Prince Abdullah simply hasn't delivered on his promises and feels that he deserves a piece of the pie, despite running away and closing his wallet when called upon over recent seasons. Trying to source alternative investment from associates (with worrying names mentioned), rather than putting his own hands in his pocket. 

McCabe has stuck by this club through thick and thin! Selflessly bankrolling a loss making club in order to balance the books. He didn't want to have to do it, he was quite vocal about that fact.  He's 10's of millions out of pocket, over the tenure it has simply become a bottomless pit. But he has stood by the club and he has continued to cough up, until such a time that he can pass it over into safe hands.

Neither owner want this club for keeps, both a looking at cashing in and I am fine by this. We are a top flight club and we may well need a big cash boost in January to keep us in this league.

Give McCabe control of his club! Let him take some of the money back that he is rightfully owed and let him hand it over to the safe hands that he has lined up in the wings. 

As for HRH Prince Abdullah.... Thanks but no thanks! You walked away from the club in order to conduct "official government business", you then swerved all financial commitments to the club when called upon. We were close to wages not getting paid until Mr McCabe came to the rescue. You deserve nothing from our football club and I expect you to get nothing come Monday!

One thing for sure... It is Full steam ahead come Monday lunchtime!.. With no more dark clouds hovering around the place, Mr Wilder can continue to do what he does best! With the club holding its own in the finest league in the world right now, any new owners with ambitious investment will have a field day.  One of the finest managers in the country! A fantastic workman-like squad of players!...Solid foundations to invest and build upon!

The future is bright! The future is red and white!

The more the snippets of whats been going on at the Lane emerge the funnier this post gets.