Jump to content

For Sale - Top flight football club. SUFC court case

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just reading through this, lots of uneducated stuff. The winner of the case will sell SUFC and that'll be that. However McCabe will more than likely want to maintain some sort of small stake in the club. 

 

Nothing to really write home about, and nothing that will condemn the Blades to going out of existence, or whatever other penalties some rival fans seem to be wishing for on this thread. 

 

I know it's all banter from people who don't really have a clue about the ins and outs, but give it a good read and do some research. I wouldn't recommend it like, boring as hell. 

Edited by Moistened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Moistened said:

Just reading through this, lots of uneducated stuff. The winner of the case will sell SUFC and that'll be that. However McCabe will more than likely want to maintain some sort of small stake in the club. 

 

Nothing to really write home about, and nothing that will condemn the Blades to going out of existence, or whatever other penalties some rival fans seem to be wishing for on this thread. 

 

I know it's all banter from people who don't really have a clue about the ins and outs, but give it a good read and do some research. I wouldn't recommend it like, boring as hell. 

Nothing to write home about but you felt the need to register to make this post?

 

Welcome to SF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ormester said:

oh  hear  we go  cheap shots  by wednesday fans  

He has a point though, the longer this this case is going on the more ghosts keep coming out of the closet. The Prince will stop at nothing to get his hands on the club and I'm sure he will have more bomb shells (excuse the pun) to drop before the 5 weeks are up. It's currently making Wednesday look like a well run club!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

If the alleged bribes/money laundering is proved to be true the League could come down very heavily on the proper old fashioned family club.

Alleged bribes and money laundering? I must have missed that bit as I don't really keep abreast of what's happening at utd. I know there was some sort of link with the Bin Laden family.

Why would the Bin Ladens be involved , I don't get that. Maybe Osama was a blade.😂

Edited by Bash Street

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Nothing to write home about but you felt the need to register to make this post?

 

Welcome to SF!

What better time? Lots going on at the moment, a good time for Sheffield football (on the pitch at least). 

 

7 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Alleged bribes and money laundering? I must have missed that bit as I don't really keep abreast of what's happening at utd. I know there was some sort of link with the Bin Laden family.

Why would the Bin Ladens be involved , I don't get that. Maybe Osama was a blade.😂

The Bin Laden family are an extremely wealthy, and respected family in Saudi Arabia. They made their billions in the building industry, and have strong connections to the Saudi royal family, as well as strong connections in the West. Osama was disowned by the family in the 90's I believe, and his passport was revoked around this time. 

Edited by Moistened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moistened said:

What better time? Lots going on at the moment, a good time for Sheffield football (on the pitch at least). 

 

The Bin Laden family are an extremely wealthy, and respected family in Saudi Arabia. They made their billions in the building industry, and have strong connections to the Saudi royal family,as well as strong connections in the West. Osama was disowned by the family in the 90's I believe, and his passport was revoked around this time. 

Wow, I didn't know that. Where does the alleged bribes and money laundering come in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Wow, I didn't know that. Where does the alleged bribes and money laundering come in? 

McCabe said something like: 'I don't want anyone to think we're laundering money for extremists.'

 

When questioned, he said this was banter. He was basically making a joke to a work associate. Doesn't look good in the public domain, but considering he's being questioned about anything and everything, not many people would come out looking squeaky clean. 

 

In regards to the 'bribe', as far as I've seen McCabe was asked something along the lines of 'What do you say in regards to the loan being described as a bribe?' 

 

McCabe replied 'I've not heard anyone describe it as that.'

 

That was about it. 

 

It's a court case being reported on Twitter, so naturally the most juicy bits get the headlines, and some bits get taken out of context. Lots of McCabe's dirty laundry is getting put out there, but as of yet, nothing particularly damning. 

 

 

Edited by Moistened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Moistened said:

What better time? Lots going on at the moment, a good time for Sheffield football (on the pitch at least). 

 

The Bin Laden family are an extremely wealthy, and respected family in Saudi Arabia. They made their billions in the building industry, and have strong connections to the Saudi royal family, as well as strong connections in the West. Osama was disowned by the family in the 90's I believe, and his passport was revoked around this time. 

The bin Laden family disowned him for there own means, probably by the instruction of Bin laden himself (to protect investments/capital etc.) Bin Laden's brother is still currently wanted by the American government!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Moistened said:

McCabe said something like: 'I don't want anyone to think we're laundering money for extremists.'

 

When questioned, he said this was banter. He was basically making a joke to a work associate. Doesn't look good in the public domain, but considering he's being questioned about anything and everything, not many people would come out looking squeaky clean. 

 

In regards to the 'bribe', as far as I've seen McCabe was asked something along the lines of 'What do you say in regards to the loan being described as a bribe?' 

 

McCabe replied 'I've not heard anyone describe it as that.'

 

That was about it. 

 

It's a court case being reported on Twitter, so naturally the most juicy bits get the headlines, and some bits get taken out of context. Lots of McCabe's dirty laundry is getting put out there, but as of yet, nothing particularly damning. 

 

 

This is all very interesting and clears a few things up. I'm sure I once saw a picture of Osama with a red and white scarf draped over his shoulders, do you remember that pic?

Have any of the Bin Ladens been to a utd game would you know? Pretty sure nobody would recognise them anyway, except Osama of course, he'd have been nabbed as soon as he got off a plane.

Does the prince still attend games? The atmosphere in the directors box must be terrible if him and McCabe are there together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

The bin Laden family disowned him for there own means, probably by the instruction of Bin laden himself (to protect investments/capital etc.) Bin Laden's brother is still currently wanted by the American government!

Those are some strong assumptions. All I know is that they're a hugely wealthy family with connections across the globe. Many members are westernised and live and work over here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moistened said:

Those are some strong assumptions. All I know is that they're a hugely wealthy family with connections across the globe. Many members are westernised and live and work over here. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089677/Osama-Bin-Laden-son-cheesy-love-letter-wife-notes-recovered-Pakistan-compound-killed.html

 

Thought I'd seen him wearing the red and white scarf but I'd never associated it with utd, learn something every day don't you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think things are as cut and dried as some would have us believe,

 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/16/sheffield-united-funded-3m-loan-osama-bin-ladens-family-court/

 

The judge apparently turfed the public and reporters out and went into a private meeting with the parties involved. Love to have been a fly on the wall in that hearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.