2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Hi, I am looking to maybe get the bay window on my house pebbledashed. There are several houses where I live that have it, including my next door neighbour and it would be in keeping. I have a few companies coming to quote for me but wondered if anyone had any experiences good or bad with any companies that they might want to share. I just don’t want to get ripped off. Thanks in advance

A big thankyou for the fantastic service recieved from Woodseats Motor Company regarding my parents car, my elderly father had bought a lovely car from them a while ago but he just didn't use it. After explaining the situation to Mick, he offered to take the car back & sell it for them.

Nothing was too much trouble & I am extremely grateful for his kindness & help.

Many thanks to Mick at the Woodseats Motor Company, (01142586586), highly recommended & many thanks.

Another big shout out to Sam Lovatt (sam@dearne - 0790984284), for sorting out my parents bathroom once again, reliable, dependable, highly recommended.

---------- Post added 23-03-2018 at 16:13 ----------

Another recommendation for Dan Campbell (dan2802). My parents had a leak coming from the roof area, they called a company who had put a leaflet through the door, the guy came round & quoted £350.00 to sort it out.

I called Dan who came straight round & saw that there was some sort of blockage, removed the blockage & saved them a lot of money.

My parents are elderly & they would have paid the £350.00 without question, so a massive thankyou to Dan for coming out so quickly, sorting out the problem, & saving their money!

Edited by star1234

Anyone know a really good reliable company to come and treat woodworm in the home please.

---------- Post added 23-03-2018 at 16:13 ----------

[/color]Another recommendation for Dan Campbell (dan2802). My parents had a leak coming from the roof area, they called a company who had put a leaflet through the door, the guy came round & quoted £350.00 to sort it out.

I called Dan who came straight round & saw that there was some sort of blockage, removed the blockage & saved them a lot of money.

My parents are elderly & they would have paid the £350.00 without question, so a massive thankyou to Dan for coming out so quickly, sorting out the problem, & saving their money!

£350 ????? It was a 5 minute job. Its

shocking that people pry on elderly people.

Happy to be of service :-)

£350 ????? It was a 5 minute job. Its

shocking that people pry on elderly people.

Happy to be of service :-)

I know Dan! Thankfully they told me before they booked them which is why I called you. Can't thank you enough for that one.

The company shall remain nameless, but if anyone has had a leaflet put through the door in the s11 area pertaining to the above, it's most likely them!

Many thanks once again Dan...you are a star!

This post is well over a year out of date (because I have been rubbish at remembering to do it!!) but I am here to add another recommendation and thanks to Jeff the Joiner and his team. They did a full renovation of the first floor of our house at the beginning of 2017; new windows, replastering two rooms and the stairs and landing (and new ceiling in the bedroom), new doors, new bannisters/rails on two flights of stairs and landing, rewiring - the whole works.

Jeff project managed the whole thing, co-ordinating all the different jobs with his team, which took a lot of stress out of it, and making sure things were tidy when he was done. Everything came together nicely and in the expected time and budget - Jeff is always very clear about costs so there are no surprises.

The results are great, a real improvement to the house which we are very pleased with.

This was the second project Jeff has done for us - a few years ago he did a complete renovation of our attic room - and we will be after him again soon to get downstairs done. Its very clear that he is honest, trustworthy (I was happy to give him a set of house keys for the duration of the work), and takes a lot of pride in his work and getting things just right for his customers.

Looking for someone that doesn't charge the earth who can paint a one bedroom flat, which includes a staircase, hallway, living room and bedroom

I will recommend M Mitchell Decorator who you will find on the Sheffield Business Forum of this site. I and my family have used him for many years and he is very reasonable and reliable.

Not one of these who are on their mobile phone most of the day. He also does a good job.

Thank you for the info

+1 for Michael Mitchell, he's a busy man and often has a long waiting list but worth the wait.

Many thanks

We need a man with a van and a waste tipping licence (no fly tippers please!) - we have around 8 bags of garden soil/waste, together with some large bush branches/couple of bits and pieces to be taken away and legally tipped. There's a tip only about 10 minutes' drive from us, but neither of us is able to lift the bags into the back of the car (bad backs), plus it'd take us probably three trips, whereas it'd only take one trip for a man with a van.

Any recommendations/contact details please? Thank you for your help.