The Gateway Barratts houses Handsworth

Hi 

I am a first time buyer and I saw 2 houses recently at Barratt estate in Handswort.I realy like the estate and houses  but have noticed quite a few houses are on sale now.Just  wanted to get some advice from people who live in the area.Are any issues with the houses( are they that poorly built, noise issues) or any problems in the neighborhood, or it just a pure coincidence that people moving on.There were few similar topics already but they are quite old, anyone in 2019😉

Thank you a lot

Aneta

Edited by Aneta6
Error

No they are not poorly built and its a good area. Is the house you are looking at near the flats

Got a friend who lives in one of these 3 bed houses - it's lovely - decent size, near countryside, Aldi, Asda, Parkway etc.  Seems a nice area too and prices not bad. They are very happy with it.

Thank you for your replies.I love the estate but do not know much about Handsworth as I rent in Hillsborough.The house is at Stoneycroft Road and  currently there are 4 houses on sale there!! With all negative reviews on newly biult houses you just  get some doubts😉

It's a large development - and Stoneycroft Road is quite long-ish. For full disclosure, I have a property I let on that road and my last Tenants actually offered to buy the property from me (just as the previous Tenants had too!) and I politely refused, so they started to look and they ended up buying just across the road (the other side of Stoneycroft Road, I mean) and are happy there.

The size of the development will always mean there'll be a bunch of houses for sale - there's nothing wrong with them at all. I am not saying they're perfect (not at all) and the noise insulation between houses isn't the best (but that's true of most new builds). There is a small Service Charge for 'communal' areas.

Trying to think of real negatives, and kinda struggling...

There is a constant low-level background drone from traffic on the Parkway (it blends in over time).

Parking is sometimes a bit tight and you need to protect your drive or on-street parking space.

The white gloss used on the internal doors was crappy paint and it has yellowed a lot over time.

Edited by Hippogriff
Added negatives

Thank you Hippogriff for such detailed response.A week ago I spoke to couple who live there, and they said they first were renting at the same estate , then decided to buy a house( quite possible your tenants:))

You all really put my mind in rest.I think I will be mowing to Gateway soon.

The houses do have gardens so having a mower will be a good thing... but I would't mow on the way there... that would be mowing the lawns of others. You just do your own. It could, indeed, by my ex-Tenants that you spoke to, as they were, indeed, a couple and they do, indeed, live there. Best of luck... don't overbid on houses (as you already know they come up all the time and they're all, basically, the same)... except mine (it is the best one).