Credit to the Leeds Manager

Credit to the Leeds Manager, Marcelo Bielsa for his response in the Villa game.

What happened, video won't work over here? Read about it, but not seen the footage. I can get Sky, but it was over by the time I got up. Those noon games are 7 am here lol. No way was I getting up to see bloody Leeds .lol. I have gone to Sky a couple of times but still not seen the footage. Like the OP said it sounds like it was a ballsy gesture by the Leeds manager, kudos to him. Wonder if he would have done it had the automatic spot been dependant on the result of this game. We will never know, I guess.

Surely it is the referee's job to stop play if he deems a players injury to be sufficiently serious, or the team in possession  of the ball can kick it out if they want. It isn't for the team not in possession of the ball to suddenly stop and demand play be halted then go mental when they concede. 

Imagine if every team just stopped playing when one of their players went down.

The biggest or second biggest problem  (Wages No1) is the total lack of control the Refs have over the players.  Should be like Rugby Union where only the team Captain can have a word with the Ref, and he is addressed as Sir.  That would have not allowed the debacle that took place. It reminded me of kids in the playground.

Angel1.

6 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The biggest or second biggest problem  (Wages No1) is the total lack of control the Refs have over the players.  Should be like Rugby Union where only the team Captain can have a word with the Ref, and he is addressed as Sir.  That would have not allowed the debacle that took place. It reminded me of kids in the playground.

Angel1.

There are plenty punch ups in Rugby Union - take your pick...........................

https://www.google.com/search?q=rugby+union+punch+ups&oq=rugby+union+punch+up&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57.11709j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

In the name of sportsmanship, yes they should have stopped.

BUT... let's face it, some footballers go to the ground if a hair gets put out of place! It's used as a tactic more than ever and referees just seem to ignore it more and more.

As much as I admire the actions of the Leeds Manager, you have to ask yourself would he have done the same if Leeds needed the win to go above The Blades and into the automatic promotion spot, I think not. He would have just said "the referee did not stop the game, we played to the whistle" etc.

Edited by AMR67

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

There are plenty punch ups in Rugby Union - take your pick...........................

https://www.google.com/search?q=rugby+union+punch+ups&oq=rugby+union+punch+up&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57.11709j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Aye, men playing a MANS game, it does get heated at times. Please tell me you are not comparing nancy ball with rugby union. Glass and diamonds are a better match.

Angel1.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Aye, men playing a MANS game, it does get heated at times.

Yes - behaving like kids in the playground like your earlier post.........................................

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

But that's not how it used to be, As a prop forward I was expected to annoy the prop forward and his hooker on the other team in a scrum, so my hooker would have a better chance of getting the ball out. We used to grow whiskers just bristly enough to rub against the other guys' lugholes and swear  and  a few other niggly bits, but we all did it and laughed about it afterwards. Rarely did it get to fists. Another trick was wearing women's perfume, and blowing kisses to the opposition, in the scrum. I might add this was all a long time ago, things change, that's for sure, but petty fighting and faking injury was never a common thing in the rugby I knew.

34 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Another trick was wearing women's perfume, and blowing kisses to the opposition, in the scrum. 

Suspect you enjoyed that Mr. T.