Donating small electronics in Sheffield?

Are there any charity shops that can use working cables, chargers, calculators, etc?

Barnardos will accept electrical items.

I tried to sell old small electronics very cheaply with no takers and tried to give them away, again no takers.

Contacted Veolia and Councils Waste Management Team to try to dispose of them properly as they had the crossed out wheelie bin on them so not to be put in general waste bin and explained I had no transport and couldn't get to the Blackstock Road disposal site.

Their response was to take items to Blackstock Road even though I had told them I couldn't get there OR to use the Bulk Waste disposal system which costs about £30 for up to 3 items (a little expensive to dispose of an old router or phone charger).

Seems there is a major hole in the recycling system but they have no plans to introduce any changes.

Just chuck 'em in the bin & sod 'em.

4 hours ago, lovelace said:

Just chuck 'em in the bin & sod 'em.

Agreed 

22 hours ago, richb99 said:

I tried to sell old small electronics very cheaply with no takers and tried to give them away, again no takers.

Contacted Veolia and Councils Waste Management Team to try to dispose of them properly as they had the crossed out wheelie bin on them so not to be put in general waste bin and explained I had no transport and couldn't get to the Blackstock Road disposal site.

Their response was to take items to Blackstock Road even though I had told them I couldn't get there OR to use the Bulk Waste disposal system which costs about £30 for up to 3 items (a little expensive to dispose of an old router or phone charger).

Seems there is a major hole in the recycling system but they have no plans to introduce any changes.

It comes down to cost.  You can't expect electrical items to be collected for free as a householder. There are services for businesses but for small collections of items with little or no value there is a charge for recycling to cover the transport, staff wages, overheads of the site etc. 

Stick-em on ebay, as a bulk, someone will take them im sure...

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the advice. Aspire looks pretty cool.

If it's just a few chargers and calculators, I doubt aspire will take them tbh....

could try them, but I doubt it.... no scrap value in them really, and not resellable...