Sign in to follow this  

London Marathon

Just sitting down to watch the London Marathon.

Saw the pre race interview with Mo and Eliud Kipchoge, a few days ago. Ediud very understated, but when Mo made some reference to the possibility of Mo winning, the look on Eliud's face was priceless...

Anyhow, my money is on Eliud to win; but best of luck to everyone doing it! Anyone from SF doing it? Good luck if so!!

2:02:36 - fantastic! Eliad Kipchoge wins as expected. Looks like Mo will be 5th. Maybe Callum Hawkins 9th...

Edited by Waldo

Kipchoge  has won the men's marathon in the 2nd fastest time ever.

Congratulations  Kipchoge.     :banana:

That's one in the eye for big head Mo Farah who finished 5th.

Totally, also happy for Kipchoge to win, such an awesome runner, so smooth and efficient.

Looks like Hawkins came in 10th. Also, massively  well done Charlotte Purdue.

My brother had a decent run,  2 hrs 54 mins. Not bad for a Grandad of two. Well done him, and to all who took part in this spectacle. Wonder how much the runners made for their charity's, hopefully a lot.

Angel1.

Posing for the media at the finish line, it looked as if Kipchoge had hardly broken sweat.

On 29/04/2019 at 11:11, ANGELFIRE1 said:

My brother had a decent run,  2 hrs 54 mins. Not bad for a Grandad of two. Well done him, and to all who took part in this spectacle. Wonder how much the runners made for their charity's, hopefully a lot.

Angel1.

My charity (Children with cancer UK) had 1200 runners and raised 1.77million which is a staggering amount! 

I wish i could have run a 2.54!! I did a 4.34 and that nearly killed me! :)

Kipchoge (i think) also holds the course record for the Sheffield 10k (old route). Phenomenal athlete