Britain’s Got Talent

41 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Hello Hauxwell.

I knew your post was light hearted.

As my ramblings were intended.

Find a copy of Ben Eltons 'Chart Throb' and everything will make sense about 

the inner workings and illogical decisions on talent shows.

The being 'duped was more of 'us all' being 'duped'

rather than you personally.

Some times my Scottish sense of humour is an affliction - lol

Keep safe.

There is nothing wrong with a sense of humour.   

41 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Hello Hauxwell.

I knew your post was light hearted.

As my ramblings were intended.

Find a copy of Ben Eltons 'Chart Throb' and everything will make sense about 

the inner workings and illogical decisions on talent shows.

The being 'duped was more of 'us all' being 'duped'

rather than you personally.

Some times my Scottish sense of humour is an affliction - lol

Keep safe.

I have made a note of Ben Eltons Chart Throb.  There  is nothing wrong with a sense of humour, especially at the moment.  

Edited by hauxwell

Britain Got Talent.

aka Britain's got Magicians.

I was so glad on a personal level the comedian was left with egg on his face.

His smugness that he was going to win was evident from the start and his believe that pushing how 'controversial' he was prepared to take his routine didn't work at all, and, if anything became embarasing and was  even seen on the faces of the judges.

The delivery of so many almost improper 'jokes' or 'observations' was so chaotic I think he even lost his own train of thought at times. 

The ultimate winner was guilty of the same on a smaller scale with the unnecessary addition of some near profanity's in the dialogue   

Adding his family into his act was a piece of TV magic and how magnanimous was Steve Royal in not actually winning. 

For me the winners should have been 'Sing along with us'

& wouldn't it have been nice if at least one of the judges or even Ant or Dec  could have gone to the trouble of learning something in 'sign' ,

I'm sure a basic 'thank you' would have gone a long way.

While I have no idea of how the Magicians acts are performed and are technically very good, they all appear to have a similar format.

The way Simon was 'got' and the first time Ashley Banjo was used as the 'mark' were nearly explainable but the phone of Amanda Holden trick last night was very clever.

Keep safe.

Buy a copy of Ben Elton's 'Chart Throb'

16 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Britain Got Talent.

aka Britain's got Magicians.

I was so glad on a personal level the comedian was left with egg on his face.

His smugness that he was going to win was evident from the start and his believe that pushing how 'controversial' he was prepared to take his routine didn't work at all, and, if anything became embarasing and was  even seen on the faces of the judges.

The delivery of so many almost improper 'jokes' or 'observations' was so chaotic I think he even lost his own train of thought at times. 

The ultimate winner was guilty of the same on a smaller scale with the unnecessary addition of some near profanity's in the dialogue   

Adding his family into his act was a piece of TV magic and how magnanimous was Steve Royal in not actually winning. 

For me the winners should have been 'Sing along with us'

& wouldn't it have been nice if at least one of the judges or even Ant or Dec  could have gone to the trouble of learning something in 'sign' ,

I'm sure a basic 'thank you' would have gone a long way.

While I have no idea of how the Magicians acts are performed and are technically very good, they all appear to have a similar format.

The way Simon was 'got' and the first time Ashley Banjo was used as the 'mark' were nearly explainable but the phone of Amanda Holden trick last night was very clever.

Keep safe.

Buy a copy of Ben Elton's 'Chart Throb'

I wanted Steve Royle (note spelling) to win, he had me in stitches , can't be doing with modern day comics, they talk to fast..

Give me Bob Monkhouse, Dave Allen ETC..  must mention the greatest of them all L&H, start laughing as soon as I hear the music.

Magicians, to much technology in their acts, I used to be a bit of an amateur magician many moons ago, in fact David Nixon offered to buy a trick of me for £75 when he was appearing at the Cavendish in the 60s.

You could see the look of disappointment on Nabil’s face when the winner of BGT was announced, he looked shocked that his name wasn’t announced.  I watched the first minute of his performance and that was enough for me.  Having said that there was a few other acts that I didn’t watch so I’m not in a position to say who should have won the show.  What I can say is thank heavens it’s all over.

Now roll on Strictly Come Dancing and I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out to be another let down for me, although I’m expecting it to be different because of social distancing.

Edited by hauxwell

6 hours ago, hauxwell said:

You could see the look of disappointment on Nabil’s face when the winner of BGT was announced, he looked shocked that his name wasn’t announced.  I watched the first minute of his performance and that was enough for me.  Having said that there was a few other acts that I didn’t watch so I’m not in a position to say who should have won the show.  What I can say is thank heavens it’s all over.

Now roll on Strictly Come Dancing and I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out to be another let down for me, although I’m expecting it to be different because of social distancing.

Can’t wait for Strictly Come Dancing to start ! It’s my favourite programme, mainly because I loved dancing when younger. I think BGT has had its day. I’ve heard better singers and comedians in working men’s clubs! Get rid of Simon Cowell as well, as he never seems to have a shave or comb his hair !

8 hours ago, pattricia said:

Can’t wait for Strictly Come Dancing to start ! It’s my favourite programme, mainly because I loved dancing when younger. I think BGT has had its day. I’ve heard better singers and comedians in working men’s clubs! Get rid of Simon Cowell as well, as he never seems to have a shave or comb his hair !

Yes its gone like old bread, Stale.

16 hours ago, pattricia said:

I didn’t disliked Simon as a judge on BGT.  There was a bit of news on TV this morning reporting that he was hoping to make a telephone call to congratulate the winner at the end of the show but he is in a lot of pain after fracturing his back in 3 places, so I will  just have to wait and see if he makes a full recovery for next year’s  show.  I’m going to give BGT another try next year, when hopefully this pesky virus is all behind us.

I’ve never learnt to dance but I wish I had. 

I watched Strictly’s, The Best of the Finale, last night and I enjoyed it. There was a tribute to Caroline Flack who won the competition in 2014.  I didn’t want her to win when she was in it but after watching her again last night she was very good and a justified winner.

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I didn’t disliked Simon as a judge on BGT.  There was a bit of news on TV this morning reporting that he was hoping to make a telephone call to congratulate the winner at the end of the show but he is in a lot of pain after fracturing his back in 3 places, so I will  just have to wait and see if he makes a full recovery for next year’s  show.  I’m going to give BGT another try next year, when hopefully this pesky virus is all behind us.

I’ve never learnt to dance but I wish I had. 

I watched Strictly’s, The Best of the Finale, last night and I enjoyed it. There was a tribute to Caroline Flack who won the competition in 2014.  I didn’t want her to win when she was in it but after watching her again last night she was very good and a justified winner.

Same here, people didn’t like her winning because they said she was already an experienced dancer, but I didn’t realise how good she was.