Britain’s Got Talent

One of my fav lines in any Rock n Roll songs ever.

"She ain't Skinny - She's Tall that's All"

Found this on youtube - tribute to Anne 'Honey' Lantree the Honeycombes lady drummer who died in 2019.

Chrissy Lee playing drums. 

Again one of my Fav songs from that era - RIP Honey.

Rocker.

OK.

The best part of last nights show had to be the strange Swedish (bird man) Comedian swearing at Walliams on't way out.

34 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

OK.

The best part of last nights show had to be the strange Swedish (bird man) Comedian swearing at Walliams on't way out.

Oh, did he swear? Missed that bit !

Well we had a man playing a straw this week,a comedian who did not really say to much,a woman singing to a dummy which was an extendable prop that fell to bits.

3 hours ago, speleo1 said:

Well we had a man playing a straw this week,a comedian who did not really say to much,a woman singing to a dummy which was an extendable prop that fell to bits.

And another man chained up inside a tank of water, a trick that Houdini was doing back in 1912.

and going for the Sympathy Vote - as soon as anyone says " I'm 10 years old and tells you they can sing I've lost interest.

Ok the young lass yesterday after a poor start (both times) eventually and only eventually showed she did have a voice that with carefull training could well be a good singer.

Harsh I don't think so. 

Come back in a couple of years.

Anyone who is serious about learning the craft of singing and shows dedication to the art of singing would gladly take that training and the time doing so instead of their parents putting them into a competition they have no chance of winning go away and work on it first.

The Father and son singers complemented each other well and the comedian eating the banana was as daft as a box of Frogs - loved it.

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

Singers should thank Simon Cowell for stopping them halfway through a song and asking them to sing another because presently and in the past a lot of singers woudln't have got through, Cowell knows his stuff.

On 24/05/2020 at 09:49, Rockers rule said:

And another man chained up inside a tank of water, a trick that Houdini was doing back in 1912.

and going for the Sympathy Vote - as soon as anyone says " I'm 10 years old and tells you they can sing I've lost interest.

Ok the young lass yesterday after a poor start (both times) eventually and only eventually showed she did have a voice that with carefull training could well be a good singer.

Harsh I don't think so. 

Come back in a couple of years.

Anyone who is serious about learning the craft of singing and shows dedication to the art of singing would gladly take that training and the time doing so instead of their parents putting them into a competition they have no chance of winning go away and work on it first.

The Father and son singers complemented each other well and the comedian eating the banana was as daft as a box of Frogs - loved it.

The father and son singing together were the best act of the night. I bet they are Sinatra fans !

Whitney houston singer,  just average, it makes me laugh anybody doing a good Elvis or Roy Orbison , Cowell would go mad and say we dont have impersonaters on this show.  :roll:

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Whitney houston singer,  just average, it makes me laugh anybody doing a good Elvis or Roy Orbison , Cowell would go mad and say we dont have impersonaters on this show.  :roll:

I also thought the Whitney Houston singer was just average. Simon sits with his mouth wide open and eyes staring when HE thinks they are good but it’s probably just to get the number of acts up to go through to next round.

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Thank God it wasn't only me,  Definitely average - I was waiting for the "Thank you - you really are the best Audience I've ever sang for" and a few tears. 

I've been listening to the Big O in't Garage the last few days -  what a voice.

His range was amazing and his songs not only have you singing along but actually have you there in the song with him.

I have some of his early Rockabilly recordings somewhere which are rarely played on radio.

Rock on & keep safe.