Where on my PC do downloads from a supplier end up?

I ordered Microsoft Office online which was supposed to be sent by courier but failed to arrive after ten days. I contacted the seller and he said Office was sent digitally. Where on my PC would I find it if he really did download it - under downloads or as an e mail or what? He sent me the licence number immediately after I paid (PayPal) but I still haven't got the Office software. The order details clearly say that Office will be sent by courier. Should I wait a bit longer or get my money back? I still want Office. I contacted the supplier, who has a 100% record for good practice incidentally, but he keeps referring to the licence number as if that's all I purchased. Can anyone help, please?

Edited by woolyhead

Did you buy this from a well known auction site, if you did, as you will have probably paid via PayPal complain to them or the site, they can refund you or even suspend the sellers account....

Their help pages give details in full for the procedures to follow.

Also Check your email junk folder first....

Also You Download any Stuff to your own HD, from a Vendors Site, he would probably usually send you the URL address to   'Collect Item from' via 'email'

Do a search on your HD for recently downloaded files in last 10 days...

You said you got the Office Key, if you have that you can download from M$ Sites, try that..

As The Vendor, might just be selling you the Key, with no Media!

Edited by DeZeus
.:.

It could be you were only supplied with a Key, and you may have to download it yourself..

Unless you specifically downloaded something, it wont be in your downloads!

Check the email the Key came in for a download link..

What version of office btw?

As an after thought, but who is your email with?

because some obscure email companies can strip out attachments from your emails, for security safety purposes, so he the vendor may have distributed your Office Copy, but your email company might have stripped it off the email.

22 minutes ago, DeZeus said:

As an after thought, but who is your email with?

because some obscure email companies can strip out attachments from your emails, for security safety purposes, so he the vendor may have distributed your Office Copy, but your email company might have stripped it off the email.

They won't have sent it by email, it's far too big for an attachment. There's either a download link in the email with the key in, or they're expecting the op to download it direct from Microsoft and use the key to activate it

1 minute ago, slh73 said:

They won't have sent it by email, it's far too big for an attachment. There's either a download link in the email with the key in, or they're expecting the op to download it direct from Microsoft and use the key to activate it

-- They could have sent a link to a download, the link may have been stripped out!

I now think that all I ordered was the licence code.   So far as I can see De Zeus seems to be on the right track. If and when I'd ordered Office software plus licence key plus the Microsoft activation link I would have contacted Microsoft who would associate the licence with my Microsoft account and verified the licence. If they find it's ok they would download the Office software and the rest is plain sailing. But I didn't appreciate all this was how it works, even if someone on this forum had already told me. The reason why Microsoft would download when I had not paid them for it seems to be that Microsoft has an arrangement with the second seller (the one I buy from). So the second seller takes his cut for selling the product and Microsoft makes another sale.  The reason why I couldn't quite believe this story was that I couldn't see why Microsoft would sell Office for about 40 quid online when it is offering Office for about 200 quid at the same time. But now I reckon the reason must be that all sales are good for Microsoft. They all add to the revenue. Sales at 45 quid (minus second seller's cut) must be very much greater then sales at 200 quid so they could be more profitable overall.   Incidentally I got my money back from the seller of the licence-only. If they had used the phrase  licence-only I would not have bought their product in the first place.  They even showed what one assumes to be the product  in its box, gave a tracking number which I assumed was a postage tracker (they didn't say what it was) and quoted a six day delivery.  I think they meant me to think it was coming by post and therefore was the whole software package. Misrepresentation? Any comments please. 

Edited by woolyhead

It's VERY hard to tell what you're talking about, please try and break each part of the subject into different paragraphs, 

MS don't do ANY selling through anyone else (other than authorised refurbishers / resellers) and wouldn't have "a deal" with them the way I think you are describing..

I'd need to see the original seller/listing/info to be able to say about the postage or if it was digital only etc...

hard to tell what's happened/gone on with your description..

I think this is being over complicated. It is almost certain to be a digital download and you only purchased the license, full packaged product / optical media is rare nowadays (for good reason). 

Did you you get a 25 digit key? If so head to office.com/setup login with a ms account and input the key.

the advice from dezues to report this to eBay because you don’t have a clue should be avoided.

3 hours ago, woolyhead said:

They even showed what one assumes to be the product  in its box

It's just for reference and a guide as to what you're buying the code for. They can't exactly put a picture of the key code up can they? Although many would find it very handy if they did!

As above, I can't remember the last time I saw physical media, do they still do it? Gone are the times when I renewed the Microsoft volume licensing and got a nice blue case filled with goodies. The last one was 18k and I got a username and password for a website! Not as flash but much more practical.

Sounds very much like the situation with Kaspersky antivirus. I buy it from an eBay reseller who sends me the license key via email. They include a link to download the AV from the Kaspersky website. I install it, put the key in and that’s it. Never had a problem and it’s much cheaper than buying it direct from Kaspersky. Last one was circa £12 for three licenses. Of course I don’t know if there is a comparison with the OPs Office download. 

That sounds just like my case, Jomie.  Zach, they could make the nature of their product much clearer by saying it is "key code only, no software" couldn't they? Muddywolf, you say "head to office .com/setup login" Well then that's exactly how I described what I would have done. But what's the point of registering a licence code if you don't have the Office software?  And I didn't say I don't have a clue.  And I did report this to e bay and they got my money back for me.  So why shouldn't I do it?    Anyone who thinks I don't understand what I'm talking about should look at this  advert for Office plus licence and follow it themselves :    Fast Software, Office 2016 Home Plus Student for Windows 39,99.         It shows a flow diagram representing exactly the stages that I described.  Therefore Microsoft DOES use a  second seller.  OK now?               Zach you say they can't exactly put up a picture of the licence code. No, but they could make it more clear that a licence code is all you're going to receive, couldn't they. They could even use a picture like this :  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (licence code only), couldn't they. The second seller I'm referring to was xsmurfedd on e bay. They sold me the licence key that caused all this bother. 

Edited by woolyhead