The shame of Saudi Arabia

On 07/05/2019 at 04:14, Lex Luthor said:

The recent beheadings in Saudi Arabia are evil beyond words, as are the nations that choose to look the other way. 

Presumably that includes the UK.

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Presumably that includes the UK.

The Conservative government is guilty of much more than just looking the other way.  From supplying weapons to doing secret deals to get them a place on the UNHCR.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49848068

Saudi to open its doors to allow tourists... I am sure there will be a lengthy queue.

21 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49848068

Saudi to open its doors to allow tourists... I am sure there will be a lengthy queue.

I guess that will depend on whether you are queuing for the men’s or women’s entrance to the restaurant/museum/gallery or any other place in Saudi’s segregated society.

20 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I guess that will depend on whether you are queuing for the men’s or women’s entrance to the restaurant/museum/gallery or any other place in Saudi’s segregated society.

leave them to their own ways it may be barbaric and backward to us but its their country so their rules, do gooders interfering cause half the worlds problems.

1 minute ago, Borista336 said:

leave them to their own ways it may be barbaric and backward to us but its their country so their rules, do gooders interfering cause half the worlds problems.

Oh dear! 😵

Where would the Saudis be if the oil ran dry?

25 minutes ago, cressida said:

Where would the Saudis be if the oil ran dry?

Saudi Arabia is investing massively in non fossil fuel technology including buying large stakes in a couple of electric car companies.

Slightly off topic but only half the field finished in the women’s marathon in Doha yesterdy despite starting at midnight. Another example of a sporting event being held in a completely unsuitable country with no tradition in that sport, simply because they can afford to ‘buy’ such prestige events. (Bahrain Grand Prix, World Cup in Qatar etc.) 

On 28/09/2019 at 09:40, Top Cats Hat said:

Oh dear! 😵

oh dear what??