DVD Dual layer

I need to burn an ISO image to DVD which is about 5GB

As it is over the standard 4.7GB single layer limit I guess I will need to use a DVD DL disc.

Checked and my DVD burner supports DVD DL, does anyone know if I can buy the discs from an outlet in Sheffield or is it be Amazon?

On Windows 10 or Linux will it just be the usual burning process of right clicking the ISO and burn?

PC World might have some in.

Is there anything you can remove from the ISO?  Or can you put the ISO on a memory stick to boot from that?

Or just try it?

I remember cd overburn, you could squeeze 700mb on a 650mb CD for example.. (it wouldnt always work)

Might he worth a try :)

otherwise, tesco, asda, Sainsbury's, wilko, curry's.. few options :)

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a Windows 10 64 bit ISO, took a look but don't think I can take anything out of it.

Tried a test burn with a 4.7 to see if it would fit but just complains it is not large enough.

Alas couldn't find any DL discs locally

Edited by ChrisIB

Can I ask why you're wanting to put it on a DVD specifically?

It's MUCH easier using the "Media Creation Tool" from MS, to create a bootable USB key... 

14 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Can I ask why you're wanting to put it on a DVD specifically?

It's MUCH easier using the "Media Creation Tool" from MS, to create a bootable USB key... 

It is!

As well as being a much faster install from USB, I can't remember ever getting an install error from USB which could be quite common using DVD. The only downside to USB is that some systems won't allow boot from it. The pound type stores usually stock DVD but I doubt they'll be very good quality, might be worth a call first though.

Yep, agree about the media creation tool. Have had about an equal number of problems with DVDs and USBs over the years so thought I would try this route. Perhaps I ought to freshen my mindset!

http://www.taplincomputers.co.uk/   https://citikey.uk/display/aladdins-cave-59P7H    two local shops near me at hillsborough will probbly have some for cheap staples and pc world might have some but you will more than likely have to buy a spindle of 10 whereas a local pc store will probbly sell then as singular disc for about a pound 

22 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Or just try it?

I remember cd overburn, you could squeeze 700mb on a 650mb CD for example.. (it wouldnt always work)

Might he worth a try :)

otherwise, tesco, asda, Sainsbury's, wilko, curry's.. few options :)

It’s been that long since I burned a CD or DVD I had forgotten about overburn.

I used to get my DL discs from Aladdins's Cave on Middlewood Rd 0114 234 4812, give them a bell.

It's a shame you don't have a blu-ray player and 10 Gb DVD-RW bluray discs.

Ended up getting some Verbatim from Amazon, burnt at 2x using Linux Xfburn (took over half an hour), but it worked and installed fine on a new Windows box. Took it's time though, should get a USB 3 external drive.