Putting yourself 'On The Dole' ?????

I'm not sure which players (if any) it involves, but I was thinking (again) what a Footballer thinks about when they are close to, or have achieved Promotion, regarding their personal circumstances.

I often suspect that some of our players (Wednesday) don't really want to achieve that pinnacle as it would probably mean that they would be discarded and would need to look for another club.

I suppose a lot of players, in their minds, following a great Championship season, fancy a go at the League above and some will believe that they are good enough for, say, the Premier League.

Sadly, for the majority of them, it will mean dropping down to a squad position, or being moved on to where they've just come from, or even worse.

Do you think that 'Promotion to the Premier League' is a feather in their cap that they will cherish, or does it not really matter one jot to them either way?

It looks like United have achieved promotion this season (well done to them, they've fought hard for it and deserve it) but realistically, how many of their squad will be, or have a good chance of being, an established Premier League Player?

Should we have made the Play-Offs and by some miracle, made the Premier League, how many of our players could look forward to a year or two of Top Flight Football?

It seems to me that, the higher one gets, the further one falls.

That said, I hope Wilder gives his players every chance of enjoying lots of games in the Prem.

They've earned their place in the Spotlight and should be given time to enjoy it for a while.

It's expected that United will suffer and struggle in the Top Flight.

Don't put money on it, it's Chris Wilder we're talking about here.

He's not failed at anything yet, so don't underestimate him, or his team. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Problem wilders going to have is getting money out of Ebenezer McCabe and prince long pockets. I suppose McCabe has financed them for long enough so expect him to get straight on the gravy train. I wouldn't expect too much spent to be honest.

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I'm not sure which players (if any) it involves, but I was thinking (again) what a Footballer thinks about when they are close to, or have achieved Promotion, regarding their personal circumstances.

I often suspect that some of our players (Wednesday) don't really want to achieve that pinnacle as it would probably mean that they would be discarded and would need to look for another club.

I suppose a lot of players, in their minds, following a great Championship season, fancy a go at the League above and some will believe that they are good enough for, say, the Premier League.

Sadly, for the majority of them, it will mean dropping down to a squad position, or being moved on to where they've just come from, or even worse.

Do you think that 'Promotion to the Premier League' is a feather in their cap that they will cherish, or does it not really matter one jot to them either way?

It looks like United have achieved promotion this season (well done to them, they've fought hard for it and deserve it) but realistically, how many of their squad will be, or have a good chance of being, an established Premier League Player?

Should we have made the Play-Offs and by some miracle, made the Premier League, how many of our players could look forward to a year or two of Top Flight Football?

That said, I hope Wilder gives his players every chance of enjoying lots of games in the Prem.

They've earned their place in the Spotlight and should be given time to enjoy it for a while.

it's expected that United will suffer and struggle in the Top Flight.

That's another good post - the type we have come to expect from an Owl with an unbiased brain in his head. Unlike the ramblings from the current trolls......

10 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Problem wilders going to have is getting money out of Ebenezer McCabe and prince long pockets. I suppose McCabe has financed them for long enough so expect him to get straight on the gravy train. I wouldn't expect too much spent to be honest.

Unlike the debacle we see elsewhere where money is thrown around like confetti and achieves nothing. 

What's better - spend loads and get nowhere or spend very little (but very wisely) and get where the Blades are?

Go figure and come back when you have something sensible to say.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, SgtDave said:

That's another good post - the type we have come to expect from an Owl with an unbiased brain in his head. Unlike the ramblings from the current trolls......

Unlike the debacle we see elsewhere where money is thrown around like confetti and achieves nothing. 

What's better - spend loads and get nowhere or spend very little (but very wisely) and get where the Blades are?

Go figure and come back when you have something sensible to say.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating, we'll see.

9 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Proof of the pudding is in the eating, we'll see.

One thing is for certain: yours will be Championship pudding next season.

Enjoy !!

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I wonder what Oliver Norwood must be thinking right now.

If United do get promoted it will be his third successive season that he's played for a team that's got promoted to the Premier League, first with Brighton 2016/17 and then with Fulham 2017/18 (on loan).

Each previous time he's been released back to a Championship club.

Will it be third time 'lucky' for him and he finally gets to play in the Premier League?

Let's hope so... :nod:

38 minutes ago, SgtDave said:

One thing is for certain: yours will be Championship pudding next season.

Enjoy !!

I have a hunch that we'll be enjoying it more than you lot.

16 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

I have a hunch that we'll be enjoying it more than you lot.

The Championship? I hope so.

You're welcome 👍👍

Sgt Dave, best not to rise to the bait matey, lets be better than that...:thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, SgtDave said:

The Championship? I hope so.

You're welcome 👍👍

If the papers are right,Norwich are only giving their manager a 20M budget,following Fulhams disaterous spending spree,and expecting him to utilise the promise from his current squad and promising youth.

Contrast that with Wolves who spent big in the championship,and added little this season and dont look out of place.

Be interesting to see utds approach,Wilders proved hes got the ability,can they match his ambition and will he get the support he wants.

Promotion can be a double edged sword for players and managers,especially with the type of money sloshing around the prem

This thread's about players' mindsets and their views on 'what now? ' It's not about United's chances or finances. Players like Madine for instance and a few others who, deep down, think, or know they're probably not up to it. Most, I reckon, have clawed their way to the (soon to be) Unemployment Office.

Is the medal the driving force? Is it just the buzz?

Will they demand and warrant more money at their next club? 

It's a strange one, as I said, working so hard to put themselves out of work. 

I'm not knocking anyone, Wednesday's promotion would have raised the very same Topic from me.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

12 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Agree with that Hotty, the problem is as fans we are never satisfied and expect even more.  The players who have done the job deserve a chance and  to some extent even if they don,t it,s a tick on there C.V. for any future club who takes them on board.   The best players play in the PL thats for sure , but they will still make a good living either way.