blades v ipswich

2 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

The Premiership can be the making of some clubs but it doesn't work out so great for others, Sunderland, Bolton have gone pear shaped and Fulham spent millions only to fail, I'm not a fan of it. 

I know what your saying Brookes, a lot of posters are saying the same thing.. but at the end of the day you want to be in the Prem. competing with the best. Apparently the best league in the world, no brainer mate.

If Wilder does what he has done in the past... with signings such as Egan, Stevens, Baldock, McGoldrick, O'Connell, Bashem.. presumably he can do the same, but at a level up from where they are now... rather than do what other sides have done and bought in substandard players on silly money for silly fees, cos the cash is burning a hole in their collective pockets.

I just can't see him suddenly signing guys for 10s of millions.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I know what your saying Brookes, a lot of posters are saying the same thing.. but at the end of the day you want to be in the Prem. competing with the best. Apparently the best league in the world, no brainer mate.

Yes but very few in the Prem can "compete with the best" you've got 6 teams fighting for the top for a few also rans like Everton and the rest are in a dogfight just to stay in it at the expense of cup runs etc, what do you remember as a fan a year when you scraped to stay in the league or an appearance in a cup final, its been a bad move for English football in my opinion, I rarely watch it but I did watch the Manchester derby the other night which Sky hyped up for days, the game was a very dull affair.

Blades should win, but surely Ipswich at 20-1 (corals) is ridiculous.

Congratulations to the Blades

A Premiership club next season

Welcoming Man City, Liverpool etc...to their home ground

Edited by rogets

Well done the Blades,  CONGRATULATIONS.   great day for the city of Sheffield.

Well deserved. Leeds blew their chance and who knows, Norwich might blow the title. 

A goal and an assist for Jack O'Connell, yesterday.  Sums up what Chris Wilder has done for this club, a young defender deemed not good enough for Brentford. 

Premier League clubs have been sniffing around him all season, so we probably would have lost him in summer.

A great game and a party atmosphere at BDTBL yesterday, but it's not over yet, the fat lady is gargling with Listerine, but she is not on stage yet.

Villa can beat Norwich in the final game and we can beat Stoke to go up in top spot. 

On 26/04/2019 at 22:52, Vasquez Rich said:

If Wilder does what he has done in the past... with signings such as Egan, Stevens, Baldock, McGoldrick, O'Connell, Bashem.. presumably he can do the same, but at a level up from where they are now... rather than do what other sides have done and bought in substandard players on silly money for silly fees, cos the cash is burning a hole in their collective pockets.

I just can't see him suddenly signing guys for 10s of millions.

I think you are spot on mate it is so easy to get it wrong when you have money burning a hole in your pocket.Look at the clubs who have been promoted and spent daft money thinking they must to stay in the prem and got it mega wrong.Fulham have spent 100mill and look at them relegated back to the Championship.Bolton in a mega mess ,Coventry, Sunderland.even Leeds not to long ago got it so wrong.Then look at some that have got it right like Bournmouth and Brighton who spend carefully and are in the prem for a number of years even if they do struggle every year. One thing in our favour is we have Wilder who in my opinion is very shrewd with money and spends very wisely being a football manager he has to be good and sound at the financial side of things and I believe his past jobs at financially crippled clubs stands him in good place regarding money. Norwich have according to reports  put a 20million pound cap on their spending as they prepare for the prem .They to remember the last time they were there and after spending daft money got it wrong nearly putting them in difficulties but in Wilder I think we will be safe.

11 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Villa can beat Norwich in the final game and we can beat Stoke to go up in top spot. 

Trouble with that is,  Norwich will be going all out for top spot,  Villa will be taking it easy, ready for an onslaught on play offs.

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

Trouble with that is,  Norwich will be going all out for top spot,  Villa will be taking it easy, ready for an onslaught on play offs.

Don't agree, Villa will want to keep momentum, they will want that winning habit to continue.

As l said well done to the blades deserved it.. I met 4 ipswich fans at 10am in donny station on saturday hope they enjoyed there long trip but l suppose not tbe result.