blades v ipswich

This could be a very special day we all know what is needed I just hope we do not turn up over confident I am sure the gaffer will make sure they are in the right frame of mind and deposit that West Yorkshire outfit to the play offs.It would be so sweet watching all those media guys who think Leeds have the sole rights to promotion having to wipe all that egg off their faces.

Hoping for a historic day Pet.

I was so confident Monday, but the nerves are kicking in now, terrified of another evil twist, at least whatever happens we get another bite of the cherry at Stoke. Hope Villa can seal it for us.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I was so confident Monday, but the nerves are kicking in now, terrified of another evil twist, at least whatever happens we get another bite of the cherry at Stoke. Hope Villa can seal it for us.

I know how you feel it is the same with me.After the result came from the Leeds game it was so easy to think we had clinched promotion then as we approach the Ipswich match the penny drops that we have to still seal it and what can go wrong.If as expected we do win can you imagine the doom and gloom in West Yorkshire ?The mood at Villa would be so toxic in the away end.Fingers crossed it will be torture waiting for a goal in Ipswiches net hopefully we will not have to wait to long but knowing the Blades it will come in the 89 min.😂😂

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I know how you feel it is the same with me.After the result came from the Leeds game it was so easy to think we had clinched promotion then as we approach the Ipswich match the penny drops that we have to still seal it and what can go wrong.If as expected we do win can you imagine the doom and gloom in West Yorkshire ?The mood at Villa would be so toxic in the away end.Fingers crossed it will be torture waiting for a goal in Ipswiches net hopefully we will not have to wait to long but knowing the Blades it will come in the 89 min.😂😂

2 hours ago, Padders said:

All the Blades have to do is focus their attention on what THEY have to do. We shouldn't be relying on other teams results. Having said that, Wigan and Brentford did do us a massive favour!

I'm confident that we'll see Ipswich off and hopefully go to Stoke with the job already done. Don't want a final game nail biter !!

I'm sure United will tear into ITFC from the off, they're the worst team I've seen this season but they will be playing without any pressure whatsoever. I'd expect SUFC to be leading within the first 20mins, if it were to do drastically wrong (and it would take two freak results) Stoke away wouldn't be an easy game if it came down to it.

Interesting game to finish at home. Ipswich have zero to lose and not a lot to gain either 

Messrs Wilder and Knill will ensure we go at it the right way - no worries on that score at all.

If the Blades 'be us' on the green bit, we'll be fine.

I don't need to remind people what happened when an already relegated Sheffield Wednesday travelled to Burnley in 2003 and won 7 - 2

Ipswich are an already relegated side, rock bottom with absolutely no pressure whatsoever on them

United will be jittery with the pressure of knowing they could be promoted tomorrow

So I predict a suprise united 1 - 5 Ipswich

A wounded lion is still a dangerous lion, poking a wounded lion is never a good idea

26 minutes ago, rogets said:

A wounded lion is still a dangerous lion, poking a wounded lion is never a good idea

That's Millwall Rogets,  Ipswich are tractor boys.. Just boys.

5 hours ago, Padders said:

That's Millwall Rogets,  Ipswich are tractor boys.. Just boys.

Millwall fans are not that bad as we met some on holiday a couple of years ago

They were nice people and you may not believe this, but they were actually quite intelligent

Anyone know a pub showing the game in north Sheffield?

23 hours ago, cmonkes said:

We do what we do every game!

We firstly respect the opposition...because this is the Championship! Anything can happen if you allow yourself to become complacent. 

But we have been playing without fear again, most recently against Hull...a game in which we against demonstrated relentless, wave after waves of attacking pressure. We have the potential to hurt them greatly and will if we play to our full potential. 

Didsy is in fine form and has a big point to prove against the club that released him. He will no doubt be out to show them what they let go, after his interview earlier in the season it is clear that there is no love lost what so ever. 

All in all, the boys are in such fantastic form again. Proving all the "wobble" and "pressure" doubters wrong once more!....Time to kick on and do it in style, they will all want to continue with a PL club should we cross the line as expected...So it's time to shine and show that you are worthy of consideration. 

Why stop here? Finish the job in style.....Norwich have Blackburn and Villa to play, they've shown signs of wobbling! Why stop here? Go for the title, we would be more than worthy of it! 

We are capable of beating both of our remaining opponents in style.....So set the bar high as Wilder does every week! We play to win! And we believe that we can beat anyone!

A sell out crowd at the lane providing the perfect platform for us to pretty much seal the deal! Enjoy it, before popping the champers on ice!

Well cmonks I wish I could enjoy it I am so tense knowing what is at stake .Although I like where we are in the Championship the cash the prem clubs get are life changing for normal clubs like ours.The most enjoyable thing should we crack it on Saturday is to see the faces of all those West Yorkshire fans who thought it was just a matter of time before they took their place at the top table.What ever happens, this season has been fabulous and we should thank Dave Basset for hounding the chairman to get Chris Wilder in the hot seat.What a job that guy has done for this club .The guy is a winner and how it shows he has been the most important signing the club has made in 50 years he has transformed the club from top to bottom and given the fans their club back.

3 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Well cmonks I wish I could enjoy it I am so tense knowing what is at stake .Although I like where we are in the Championship the cash the prem clubs get are life changing for normal clubs like ours.The most enjoyable thing should we crack it on Saturday is to see the faces of all those West Yorkshire fans who thought it was just a matter of time before they took their place at the top table.What ever happens, this season has been fabulous and we should thank Dave Basset for hounding the chairman to get Chris Wilder in the hot seat.What a job that guy has done for this club .The guy is a winner and how it shows he has been the most important signing the club has made in 50 years he has transformed the club from top to bottom and given the fans their club back.

The Premiership can be the making of some clubs but it doesn't work out so great for others, Sunderland, Bolton have gone pear shaped and Fulham spent millions only to fail, I'm not a fan of it.