Manchester derby - a great game

As a neutral I really enjoyed the game. Best standard game I've watched all season,at least from one team!

Man. city were irresistible at times playing football that the best Brazilian national teams would have trouble matching for skill.

The back four of City has so much ability to play the ball out especially the left back Zinchenko who I think only gave the ball away once in the whole match.

The first touch and passing ability was what stood out for me as the biggest difference between the two teams.

For United Shaw,Pogba and Rashford have the ability,Lindelof perhaps.

The others look very uncomfortable on the ball in comparison to their opponents.

Fred had trouble executing a basic pass at times,Parreira looks no more than a hatchet man with moderate ability.

Mata and Matic could have offered a lot more in terms of keeping the ball but then what do I know.

Smalling is a great defender but under pressure cannot play the ball out like Kompany or La Porte.

The cross by Young late in the game that ended up in the crowd sums up his level.

I think Man.Utd need close to a whole new squad of players to get anywhere near their opponents level.

Man.City and Liverpool are possibly the best two teams in the history of English football.

It was a decent game I grant you that, but after the first 20 mins there was only one team going to win, City . They are good in the premiership  but success in Europe is what they are after . Some of the United players have now come to the  end of the line imho at top level, Young, Smalling, Fred, Parreira, maybe Matic should be moved out, Pogba, get shut a fancy dan player talented as he is, same with Martial, as for Lukaku, dont get me started!

Here's an interesting man Utd stat I found on Twitter. 4 of the back 5 who played in the CL quarter finals they played in the CL quarter finals 8 years ago.

10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Here's an interesting man Utd stat I found on Twitter. 4 of the back 5 who played in the CL quarter finals they played in the CL quarter finals 8 years ago.

Yeah, and look at what Man City and Liverpool have done in that time breaking the bank to get absolute world class defenders. And Tottenham.

1 hour ago, taxman said:

Yeah, and look at what Man City and Liverpool have done in that time breaking the bank to get absolute world class defenders. And Tottenham.

Tottenham haven't won anything since 2008 (league cup)

Looking at the Man.City team in the next 2-3 years - I do not see much need for change.

Fernandinho is 33 might need replacing soon but most of the others are coming into their best years.

They need to stop Sane and De Sus from leaving at the end of the season.

Man.Utd need to stop buying duds like Lukkaku,Fred and Parreira.

Martial and Dalot still not sure about.Both would struggle to get anywhere near the Man City team.

Ryan Fraser and Wilson from Bournemouth would be two great buys.

Zaha has improved and might be worth another go. 

I see Liverpool and Man.City finishing top two for many years to come.

The rest are light years behind if Wednesday's game was any indication.

At least Utd were half competitive attaining 34 percent of possession.

Many of the other teams only see around 20 -25 percent of the ball when playing City which makes watching the game a bore fest.

11 hours ago, taxman said:

You look at the top 10 most expensive defenders and city bought 4 of them. Spurs and liverpool one a piece (VVD might count as two as he's THAT good)

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

You look at the top 10 most expensive defenders and city bought 4 of them. Spurs and liverpool one a piece (VVD might count as two as he's THAT good)

My point was that both City and Liverpool broke transfer records for defenders whilst Utd still had defenders from the fergie era. OK defenders don't get great headlines unlike silly strikers (Ssnchez) but Liverpool and City have now built a solid base for the next five years plus.... Utd have Jones smalling young and linderlof/Shaw..... Not great