Wanting alternative player for realplayer clips

I have some discs with Realplayer files on. Years ago when I used to play some of the discs I used Realplayer. The problem at that time was that Realplayer seemed to want to take over everything on my pc. I still have a disc that I want to watch.  What will be a good application to D/L with the link please.

Thanks

Edited by Janus

I use GOM player for everything, make sure to not install the silly game and stuff from the installer at the end, and u'll be fine...

GOM player plays realplayer files..

Thanks. Have you got a safe link please?

18 minutes ago, apelike said:

I believe VLC also plays realplayer files so maybe try that instead.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en-GB.html

yup, my choice too

MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 - MPEG Layer 3, AAC - MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 - A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2/QDMC, MACE.

Edited by melthebell

I use Media Player Classic (MPC-HC)

I don't think it's still developed but seems to play all formats. Its free and no side installs to worry about.

https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/ 

My players

Video

VLC player

Music

Foobar (especially for quick conversion of files)

Winamp (especially for radio streams)

Media player Classic

Edited by melthebell

I used ninite way back, didn't realise it was still a thing, and tbh with modern internet connections, I just go to what i need to download when, and download it... no biggie :)

Also, nowadays, i'd rather get things directly from the creators website where possible, rather than via a 3rd party 

I agree with Ghozer on that one, like him I used ninite years ago and up until recently, forgot all about it. I've not heard anything bad about it and it's a handy tool if you have a decent list. I just keep a folder on my main server with Archive, Music/Video and the odd system tool .exe's I use.

Nothing wrong with it swarf and if you find it easier...get it used! ;)

I use it because of problematic layouts on freeware sites that depend on advertising revenue from third party software apps which leads to hitting the wrong download button. It even has GOM Player. 😉