Accident Spital Hill 24/04/2019

5 hours ago, dutch said:

I don't go there often but also think its a miracle that bit of road keeps running usually without accidents. 

Why a miracle, a small bit of rd often with slow moving traffic coming down from busy shops, baffled why there would be high risk of accidents

In my experience that road running from the crossroads down to the lights often has people just wandering across without looking out for traffic, cars pulling out from the abysmal parking without looking or indicating, vehicles just randomly stopping, again without warning.  Virtually all the worst examples of poor driving can be found on that road regularly.  Thats without taking into account that parking occurs on both sides of the roads and the buses stop in the middle of the road.

Yep, its a miracle that accidents dont happen every hour!!!

@alchemist You are totally correct. Sadly I've had to go that way a fair few times recently on my way to/from NGH, and the standards of roadcraft make we wonder if 90% of the drivers have even taken the test.

Apparently no-one was seriously injured, which is both great and very surprising. 

What am I to deduce from this, is it that the worst drivers in Sheffield parade their mad driving antics up and down Spital Hill all day while the rest of the city is spared from these motorised maniacs ?

9 hours ago, St Petre said:

What am I to deduce from this, is it that the worst drivers in Sheffield parade their mad driving antics up and down Spital Hill all day while the rest of the city is spared from these motorised maniacs ?

Lol. It's generally too slow-moving on Spital Hill to be much of a hazard. The parking is a problem though, including all over the double yellows on what is an ambulance route. And do SCC enforce the double yellows? No they don't!

1 hour ago, Bob Arctor said:

And do SCC enforce the double yellows? No they don't!

Not in certain areas of Sheffield they don't / daren't  !!

8 minutes ago, Magneteer said:

Not in certain areas of Sheffield they don't / daren't  !!

It does seem that way. I don't think it's a question of resources, a parking attendant must more than pay for themselves in a day.