Accident Spital Hill 24/04/2019

Heard there has been a big accident on spital hill. Anyone know what happened there?

Edited by dutch

I read on the star web site that it was a crash involving 4 cars and a bus.

Checked few places online. It happened on spital hill between saville and spital st. Road closed for all traffic and pedestrians. Police put up screens to cover the scene. Many buses in Sheffield disturbed and diverted up there. 

Heard from someone it was pretty serious. 

Most cars, buses don't travel too fast up there usually but then again anything is possible.

Clip on facebook   showing accident   Typical fool driving too fast was cause of it 

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

Clip on facebook   showing accident   Typical fool driving too fast was cause of it 

Yeah, I've seen it - you don't get much of a look, but I think it's fairly clear that that car was at excessive speed. 

9 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Yeah, I've seen it - you don't get much of a look, but I think it's fairly clear that that car was at excessive speed. 

I saw all the cars being loaded on to trucks later on. The silver car that ploughed into the others at speed was an Uber. Really nasty accident, appalling driving. I hope no-one is seriously hurt but I suspect that is wishful thinking.

8 hours ago, Halibut said:

That was an Uber taxi. 

Don't understand why anyone drive that fast and smashes into another car without braking. Did that driver have a heart attack while pushing the accelerator or something? 

Edited by dutch

27 minutes ago, dutch said:

That was an Uber taxi. 

Don't understand why anyone drive that fast and smashes into another car without braking. Did that driver have a heart attack while pushing the accelerator or something? 

Maybe - or drunk, or stoned, or on his mobile phone.

44 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Maybe - or drunk, or stoned, or on his mobile phone.

That could be very true that some people can be as stupid as to be the contributing cause of driving into someone's back while speeding without braking or diverting the direction of the vehicle at all.

There are however several medical issues that could even make a young person lose its consciousness and control of body and vehicle. 

Edited by dutch

I'll probably get slated for this, but from my observations PH cars in this area seem to have the idea that the law doesn't apply to them - I've seen them U-turn in heavy traffic even when there are options to turn safely close by, park on double yellows just because they 'want a rest', and cut up other traffic, &c.

My sympathies to anyone injured.

Edited by RollingJ

I don't go there often but also think its a miracle that bit of road keeps running usually without accidents.