Where is this village?

Wentworth has a lot more than than a garden centre including  2 churches, not sure about refectory though but no longer has  railway station. It's worth a google there are loads of pictures of it.

Wentworth doesn't have many shops or shopping mall. No railway line it has Hoober Stand up on the hill, but no refectory that I know of. But it's a nice affluent area with lovely churches. A great garden centre (if you've got deep pockets). Close by there's  Elsecar it has a sort of shopping mall(Heritage Centre) with a café in the middle. with big green space across from the heritage centre, 2 railway lines (Although one is Heritage) but again no refectory and wouldn't say it was affluent. Don't think it's either of these two areas and I keep looking back at this thread because I want to know what area OP is thinking of it's bugging me now 🙂 

What does the OP mean by refectory? That used to mean big dining halls in universities many years ago, but isn't used so much now. Perhaps they mean rectory?

Also what does this bit mean - "in terms of the shopping hub, it is a only small hub with a fair few tables"?  Tables? Does that mean an outdoor market with stalls?

Anyway I'll have another guess - is it Mexborough? Or Aberdeen? Chicago maybe? 

It's Brigadoon.  That's why no one has seen it for a while. 

It's the back o' Bill's mother's. 

Some aspects of Hassop are called to mind by the description.

Sounds a bit like Hebden Bridge.

On 01/05/2019 at 11:14, Bilge said:

What does the OP mean by refectory?

Probably a typographical error.  For "refectory" try reading "rectory".

May be take a virtual stroll around the villages on instantstreetview and see if anything looks familiar but do let us know if you find it..

I'll bet money on this being Dronfield. The part with the shops around the cafe sounds exactly like the Forge shopping centre (do an image search), and its on a railway line.