Helicopter over Walkley

Woken up 6am on Easter Sunday morning by helicopter hovering over lower Walkley for about an hour. Anyone else hear it?

Was related to more break -ins in the area, but apparently the Police made some arrests this time.

On a less positive note it looks like Asda on South Road was ram-raided again last night......

There has been a constant stream of burglary going on over the last few months. Well-organised groups as they have lookouts posted.

One lot has been targeting parked cars going for Mercs and the more high-end stuff, They break in or open the front door, sometimes in broad daylight, and take whatever they can grab in a hurry, this is usually the car keys. 

Usual advice. Keep doors locked or on the chain even if you are in the house and don't keep your car keys in a bowl or whatever close to the door.

Get a shed shackle or ground anchors for cycles, as there has been a spate of cycle theft all over the city. Goes without saying, don’t use a cable lock, even the armoured ones can be cut in seconds if you have the right tools. 

Oh and ASDA has been done again so they’ll need to replace the wooden doors they fitted last time 

39 minutes ago, WalkleyIan said:

There has been a constant stream of burglary going on over the last few months. Well-organised groups as they have lookouts posted.

Yes, when I was burgled a few years ago in Walkley the police said they had likely seen me leave with suitcases on holiday and scheduled my house to be burgled (happened the next day). Pleased to see they caught someone this time then - they would not even come out to the house for 4-5 days when I was burgled (and had the cheek to complain I had people going in to get the house secured whilst I was on holiday).

Edited by nightrider

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, WalkleyIan said:

One lot has been targeting parked cars going for Mercs and the more high-end stuff, They break in or open the front door, sometimes in broad daylight, and take whatever they can grab in a hurry, this is usually the car keys. 

Usual advice. Keep doors locked or on the chain even if you are in the house and don't keep your car keys in a bowl or whatever close to the door.

Get a shed shackle or ground anchors for cycles, as there has been a spate of cycle theft all over the city. Goes without saying, don’t use a cable lock, even the armoured ones can be cut in seconds if you have the right tools. 

Oh and ASDA has been done again so they’ll need to replace the wooden doors they fitted last time 

There’s another thread saying it’s just  having new doors fitted. Which is correct? 

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

There’s another thread saying it’s just  having new doors fitted. Which is correct? 

Both - it was ram raided (again) last night and appears to be having new doors fitted today.