Inconsiderate drivers at traffic lights at Asda Drakehouse

17 hours ago, lil-minx92 said:

Here you go-

Rule 112- The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively.

(my underlining)

Did the car in front need warning of your presence? Were you about to run into it and you needed them to take evasive action? Could it not see you in its mirrors? Or did it wind you up that they were aware of your presence and didn't do what you wanted them to do and what the highway code directs them to do? 

Yes, it did.  No I wasn't about to run into it, and no I didn't need them to take evasive action.

Whilst in theory the driver could see me in his mirrors, he couldn't.  Because he was looking at his phone in his lap.  They were entirely unaware of my presence, driving in the wrong lane at an inappropriate speed.

No matter how hard you try to spin it, using the horn briefly was the correct action.  You answered the question, it was used to warn another road user of my presence.  The rest of your nonsense is just stuff you made up, running into things and taking evasive action are not conditions required before you sound your horn.

8 hours ago, makapaka said:

There’s no excuse for undertaking, beeping and flashing a car doing 55mph on the parkway.

It requires no excuse, we agree.  But don't try to downplay the situation.  Doing 55mph in the overtaking lane of a road with the NSL for an extended period of time when not overtaking AND USING A MOBILE PHONE.

What I did was entirely reasonable, you know it was, you just thought there was a chance to score a point and now you look daft.

But you never did answer the question as to what you would do...  Can you explain?

Would you stay behind the slow car in the wrong lane?  Would you move to the left hand lane, but stay behind it?  Would you explode in an overload of hypocrisy?

Edited by Cyclone

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Yes, it did.  No I wasn't about to run into it, and no I didn't need them to take evasive action.

Whilst in theory the driver could see me in his mirrors, he couldn't.  Because he was looking at his phone in his lap.  They were entirely unaware of my presence, driving in the wrong lane at an inappropriate speed.

No matter how hard you try to spin it, using the horn briefly was the correct action.  You answered the question, it was used to warn another road user of my presence.  The rest of your nonsense is just stuff you made up, running into things and taking evasive action are not conditions required before you sound your horn.

It requires no excuse, we agree.  But don't try to downplay the situation.  Doing 55mph in the overtaking lane of a road with the NSL for an extended period of time when not overtaking AND USING A MOBILE PHONE.

What I did was entirely reasonable, you know it was, you just thought there was a chance to score a point and now you look daft.

But you never did answer the question as to what you would do...  Can you explain?

Would you stay behind the slow car in the wrong lane?  Would you move to the left hand lane, but stay behind it?  Would you explode in an overload of hypocrisy?

I’ve only ever commented on the speed - which was your primary concern until you noticed they were on a mobile phone.

i would stay behind the car yes because as I mentioned earlier - it would save me about 40 seconds to do what you did ie have some mini tantrum and then undertake a car and effectively create another minor hazard. 

You threw a little tantrum on the road and are now trying to justify it - that’s all. do you want everyone to tell you that you did the right thing or something?

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

You didnt know he was looking at his phone until after you had beeped him! Just admit that you beeped and flashed in frustration, which  we have established  is not in line with the Highway Code .

It doesn't take much for a frustrated driver to become an aggressive driver and then a dangerous driver.

I would probably drop back into the LHL (without undertaking which we know is wrong) and wait for someone like you to self police the situation

Edited by lil-minx92

7 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

It doesn't take much for a frustrated driver to become an aggressive driver and then a dangerous driver.

Dead right, looks like some anger management issues here !

53 minutes ago, Mossway said:

Dead right, looks like some anger management issues here !

Exactly and the poster is in denial.

closed.