Hull v Blades

13 hours ago, petcharlie said:

.I think they should have a word with HOTMAIL who usually has a much more sensible reaction to a pastime called football.

Still waiting for the congratulations .

4 hours ago, Padders said:

Still waiting for the congratulations .

Well padders I do not want no congratulations until we are promoted would hate to do want all the Leeds fans were doing two weeks ago celebrating rather prematurely .

How pathetic those fans are completely void of class and dignity acting like rats jumping off a sinking ship clinging to straws to try and get an enquiry into the Hull goalkeeper letting his old pals score.What a insult to the Blades and to the Hull goalie.This pillock will not give his name but when his name is eventually know I could see yet another court case involving Mr McCabe and rightly so.I have never ever heard of a explayer from a club having a finger pointed at him after playing  against his ex employers.Coming from a club like Leeds who were responsible for bending every rule in the book on as well as off the pitch in the Revie years is mighty rich.Yes just like vermin enjoy your swim.

16 hours ago, Padders said:

And every supporters dream, can"t understand why you and Pet Charlie hate the Prem so much..

That's the all point of football to achieve as much as possible..

lets enjoy the ride, you never know, we could be there for a few seasons.

Hi padders I am not sure how old you are mate but I remember the last time we were there and to be honest It crossed my mind on a few occasions weather the F.A had lost control of the premier league and it was being run by the big clubs or the rules were being manipulated solely for the benefit of the big clubs.The big six even wanted more say than the other clubs in the same league on financial matters regarding payments from sponsors which would have even more money flowing into the big clubs coffers than the other clubs in the same league.Marry that with some very dubious decisions we all witnessed on the pitch along with many others off it and the Trevous (Spelling could be wrong)affair also Man Utd fielding the near on youth team on the final day to play West Ham a game West Ham won of course to relegate us after the Trevous player had scored the only goal .A player who should not have been on the pitch and maybe you can see why I have reservations about the Prem.I still can not decide weather it is bent or not but the bad decisions more often than not benefit the established big guys time after time.One thing for sure it has become a closed shop at the top and anything but a level playing field for the other clubs who make up the numbers.

Now we do not have only the big clubs calling the shots we now have Sky ,Virgin,and B.T. telling us what they want and everything they want they will have the only people who do not have a say in what goes off is the loyal fans .The Championship as not gone down this road yet but it is coming ,you only have to witness how many times the Blades fixture list has be disrupted thanks to Sky and Co.The Blades have had more T V time than Eastenders this year and it makes making plans for every day to day appointments along with normal activities near on impossible .Please Championship keep as you are.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

Hi padders I am not sure how old you are mate but I remember the last time we were there and to be honest It crossed my mind on a few occasions weather the F.A had lost control of the premier league and it was being run by the big clubs or the rules were being manipulated solely for the benefit of the big clubs.The big six even wanted more say than the other clubs in the same league on financial matters regarding payments from sponsors which would have even more money flowing into the big clubs coffers than the other clubs in the same league.Marry that with some very dubious decisions we all witnessed on the pitch along with many others off it and the Trevous (Spelling could be wrong)affair also Man Utd fielding the near on youth team on the final day to play West Ham a game West Ham won of course to relegate us after the Trevous player had scored the only goal .A player who should not have been on the pitch and maybe you can see why I have reservations about the Prem.I still can not decide weather it is bent or not but the bad decisions more often than not benefit the established big guys time after time.One thing for sure it has become a closed shop at the top and anything but a level playing field for the other clubs who make up the numbers.

Now we do not have only the big clubs calling the shots we now have Sky ,Virgin,and B.T. telling us what they want and everything they want they will have the only people who do not have a say in what goes off is the loyal fans .The Championship as not gone down this road yet but it is coming ,you only have to witness how many times the Blades fixture list has be disrupted thanks to Sky and Co.The Blades have had more T V time than Eastenders this year and it makes making plans for every day to day appointments along with normal activities near on impossible .Please Championship keep as you are.

I almost forgot about Mistick Meg THE MIND READING REF  who knew a defender was thinking about fouling a player so he gave a penalty to liverpool after we were winning.

8 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

I almost forgot about Mistick Meg THE MIND READING REF  who knew a defender was thinking about fouling a player so he gave a penalty to liverpool after we were winning.

Fair comments Pet... thanks for your response.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Fair comments Pet... thanks for your response.

And do not forget all the play actors and divers to .NO i am not a lover of the prem never have been and I never will be.Also all the predictability of who will finish in the top six we all know who they will be this time next year.Compare all I have said to the season we have just had I know which league is the more entertaining but it should be good for the bank balance even if we just have one season but when you think that Fulham spent 100 million and that was not enough it makes you wonder.

2 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

And do not forget all the play actors and divers to .NO i am not a lover of the prem never have been and I never will be.Also all the predictability of who will finish in the top six we all know who they will be this time next year.Compare all I have said to the season we have just had I know which league is the more entertaining but it should be good for the bank balance even if we just have one season but when you think that Fulham spent 100 million and that was not enough it makes you wonder.

Good comments Pet, although a tad negative... personally I"ve been supporting both Owls and Blades for over 60 yrs :help:. and this is as good as it gets.. if Blades fail at this stage, honestly I"ll be suicidal.. Bring it on mate, this city is what 5/6 th biggest in England, we need a Premiership side and all the benefits it brings... lets hope they do it, and cement a spot for many seasons.. if they come straight back down, won"t bother me in the slightest , as you say, we can compete in a much fairer league..  I"ll post and post and post, singing the praises, what a season. 

Sorry for being a bit giddy, I"m just so made up for everybody connected to the Blades.

19 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Pleased as punch with events today. As a Blade whose first game was 1966 I've been disappointed many times. I'll hold the Champagne until after the Ipswich match.

What a player McGoldrick is, honorable mention to Enda Stevens today. I wouldn't pick a Player of the Season this year just give it to the whole team. If I had to it would be a choice between McGoldrick and Basham.........or Jack....or Billy....on and on

I had a Season Ticket this year. Not sure i'll get one for the Prem, Not a patch on the Championship.

UTB

Yes Ridgeway they have been superb every one of them .I think I am right in thinking five players who played at Hull cost us nothing including McGoldrick who was showing 8 million pound Bamford of Leeds how to do a strikers job.The third goal summed up our style of play to the world as one full back teed up the other full back to score now how many  fans of other teams see that .When we are on form it is a joy to watch.Just a word about the gaffer just how lucky are we to have him?Can not think of any other manager I would want to see in his seat be it a prem manager or any other.We are not promoted yet but it is in our own hands to grasp promotion and we do not have to rely on others which takes a lot of the tension off. No matter what happens they have all done so well .

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Good comments Pet, although a tad negative... personally I"ve been supporting both Owls and Blades for over 60 yrs :help:. and this is as good as it gets.. if Blades fail at this stage, honestly I"ll be suicidal.. Bring it on mate, this city is what 5/6 th biggest in England, we need a Premiership side and all the benefits it brings... lets hope they do it, and cement a spot for many seasons.. if they come straight back down, won"t bother me in the slightest , as you say, we can compete in a much fairer league..  I"ll post and post and post, singing the praises, what a season. 

Sorry for being a bit giddy, I"m just so made up for everybody connected to the Blades.

I understand your feelings mate and it is true we should have Prem footy in Sheffield the blades have been superb and the players deserve it .It is just me I just do not like watching it.If we go up I shall miss all the excitement of this season I would much rather have a season like this than playing meaningless matches knowing we are just there to hang on and make up the numbers.

5 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Yes Ridgeway they have been superb every one of them .I think I am right in thinking five players who played at Hull cost us nothing including McGoldrick who was showing 8 million pound Bamford of Leeds how to do a strikers job.The third goal summed up our style of play to the world as one full back teed up the other full back to score now how many  fans of other teams see that .When we are on form it is a joy to watch.Just a word about the gaffer just how lucky are we to have him?Can not think of any other manager I would want to see in his seat be it a prem manager or any other.We are not promoted yet but it is in our own hands to grasp promotion and we do not have to rely on others which takes a lot of the tension off. No matter what happens they have all done so well .

Just been listening to football heaven, and apparently you"ve got Brian the Blade to thank for your success, he staged a one man protest in the car park at Bramall Lane, to get rid of Nigel Adkins. Thanks Brian.

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just been listening to football heaven, and apparently you"ve got Brian the Blade to thank for your success, he staged a one man protest in the car park at Bramall Lane, to get rid of Nigel Adkins. Thanks Brian.

He is unreal that guy I believe every club has one.If true he did a good job he should be knighted I just hope Liz slips with the sword.😂

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

I understand your feelings mate and it is true we should have Prem footy in Sheffield the blades have been superb and the players deserve it .It is just me I just do not like watching it.If we go up I shall miss all the excitement of this season I would much rather have a season like this than playing meaningless matches knowing we are just there to hang on and make up the numbers.

Maybe we should alternate, you one season us the next. Agree completely with what you say about it, the only good thing is the pound signs but that's the reason it's got like it