Alcohol On Public Transport.

Should someone in reasonably high office who may one day be part of the Government be punished for drinking alcohol on Public Transport, where it has been deemed illegal to do so.

I would say yes, pay the fine and eat humble pie. We are all equal in the eyes of the law, aren't we.

Angel1.

Just to clarify, it’s not actually illegal - it’s just banned by TFL policy. 

any link to the story so we can have a clue? doesnt seem to be on the bbc site at a look and ive been at work all day so not really heard any news? i presume its a labour person?

13 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Should someone in reasonably high office who may one day be part of the Government be punished for drinking alcohol on Public Transport, where it has been deemed illegal to do so.

I would say yes, pay the fine and eat humble pie. We are all equal in the eyes of the law, aren't we.

Angel1.

I think Abbots a plank, but any witch hunt is really petty and pointless and used for political purposes only. She wasn't nicked at the time so put it to bed.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

any link to the story so we can have a clue? doesnt seem to be on the bbc site at a look and ive been at work all day so not really heard any news? i presume its a labour person?

Dianne Abbott . Now people know I would be the first to pull her down but even I think this is petty

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

it is on the bbc site? i checked the main news page, uk news, politics news and saw nowt lol

It's been overtaken by other stuff now I reckon.

I think Diane has apologised for breaking the rules. 

Who here would really begrudge somebody having a small drink after a long and stressful day at work?

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I think Diane has apologised for breaking the rules. 

Who here would really begrudge somebody having a small drink after a long and stressful day at work?

Exactly, and if she stayed off the drink she might start getting her numbers right. Makes you wonder if she does have a drink problem really, she keeps getting tongue tied. I had a relative like this and when I look back he was pretty much the same, he'd stop speaking halfway during a sentence where it was obvious he'd lost track of what he was speaking about.

In this case she didn’t comply with the TfL policy so she should apologise for making a mistake and we should all move on. 

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

In this case she didn’t comply with the TfL policy so she should apologise for making a mistake and we should all move on. 

Exactly, we should be more concerned about her inability to get a grip of her brief.

Come on people, focus on what's important , which is ultimately her incompetence.