Alcohol On Public Transport.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Should someone in reasonably high office who may one day be part of the Government be punished for drinking alcohol on Public Transport, where it has been deemed illegal to do so.

I would say yes, pay the fine and eat humble pie. We are all equal in the eyes of the law, aren't we.

Angel1.

Im more concerned at the fact someone would use Peasant  transport. 

39 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I think Diane has apologised for breaking the rules. 

Who here would really begrudge somebody having a small drink after a long and stressful day at work?

Had she been trying to add up ? 

2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Im more concerned at the fact someone would use Peasant  transport. 

Had she been trying to add up ? 

What’s peasant transport?

37 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

What’s peasant transport?

He's a great advert for the Brexit Party!

19 hours ago, Bash Street said:

It's been overtaken by other stuff now I reckon.

It's been buried by the BBC because they don't like to give their party bad press. The article itself is written in a biased way, if you do manage to find it. Had it been a Tory MP it would've been on the front page and had a far less sympathetic slant.

It was national news (somehow) yesterday, it's not been buried, it's basically not news and definitely not worth being on the front page a day afterwards.

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

It was national news (somehow) yesterday, it's not been buried, it's basically not news and definitely not worth being on the front page a day afterwards.

It was buried yesterday too, and the tone of the article is "nothing to see here, move on". I doubt it would be the same tone had it been a Tory MP. The BBC is no longer an impartial source, it's a mouthpiece for the left.

Edited by WiseOwl182

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

It was buried yesterday too, and the tone of the article is "nothing to see here, move on". I doubt it would be the same tone had it been a Labour MP. The BBC is no longer an impartial source, it's a mouthpiece for the left.

You're 100% correct there and it's something we all should be worried about, disgraceful how some things are being reported on, same with Channel 4 News.

Take your point about about the fact should it have been a Tory it would have been quite a different story but I don't think it should change anything with the reporting of this case with Abbott. To me it's a minor indiscretion which needs reporting exactly how it should be, balanced on the weight of the story. It's the other way where balance needs to occur.

I don't think she knew she was breaking the rules at all, she's not the brightest and It does make you think about some of her indiscretions and wonder whether it's down to the booze or not.😀

2 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

It's been buried by the BBC because they don't like to give their party bad press. The article itself is written in a biased way, if you do manage to find it. Had it been a Tory MP it would've been on the front page and had a far less sympathetic slant.

I’d have though most news services were concerned with the small matter of 200 people being murdered in Sri Lanka, and the fact it’s been very warm rather than an MP swigging a mohito on a train several weeks ago. 

59 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’d have though most news services were concerned with the small matter of 200 people being murdered in Sri Lanka, and the fact it’s been very warm rather than an MP swigging a mohito on a train several weeks ago. 

It says a lot about the priorities of the Tories on here doesn't it?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

No, but one major news event does not mean nothing else happened.

19 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Not ,All  the Tories on here

28 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not ,All  the Tories on here

I beg your pardon, I should have said some Tories on here.