Local elections 2 May 2019

On 03/05/2019 at 17:18, Top Cats Hat said:

I don't know what makes you look more ridiculous. Thinking about spoiling your ballot paper or telling people on the internet  that you were thinking about spoiling it.

What are you? Five years old? 

And who are you?  The playground bully? 

On 03/05/2019 at 18:28, taxman said:

Both May and Corbyn have claimed that the results are due to the public being fed up with Brexit and just wanting them to "get on with it".

If that was the case I'd have expected a surge in votes for parties supporting Brexit, that didn't happen.

On 03/05/2019 at 18:28, taxman said:

Both May and Corbyn have claimed that the results are due to the public being fed up with Brexit and just wanting them to "get on with it".

If that was the case I'd have expected a surge in votes for parties supporting Brexit, that didn't happen.

Mmmmm. It flies in the face of all the ignorant 'all Brexiteers are racist' mob, doesn't it? 

38 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Mmmmm. It flies in the face of all the ignorant 'all Brexiteers are racist' mob, doesn't it? 

Well said, completely agree with you.

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

Who has ever said all Brexiteers are racist?

But I'll stand by the vast majority of racists are Brexiterers.

10 minutes ago, InigoMontoya said:

Who has ever said all Brexiteers are racist?

But I'll stand by the vast majority of racists are Brexiterers.

I would have thought UKIP would have done better in the local elections if that was the case.

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

So you don’t think that scribbling something on your ballot paper that no one will read, instead of voting or abstaining is childish?

21 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I would have thought UKIP would have done better in the local elections if that was the case.

If they are regarded as a one-issue party, then they're a spent force.

Brexit Party has taken on that mantle.

And UKIP are not entirely a one-issue party, they are also extreme free-marketeers and laissez-faire capitalists - who cling to the credo that "the market" can, should, and will  provide.

8 minutes ago, InigoMontoya said:

And UKIP are not entirely a one-issue party, they are also extreme free-marketeers and laissez-faire capitalists - who cling to the credo that "the market" can, should, and will  provide.

Let’s not forget that the first UKIP manifesto called for privatisation of the NHS until someone told them that they might be able to get votes in poor white working class areas.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Let’s not forget that the first UKIP manifesto called for privatisation of the NHS until someone told them that they might be able to get votes in poor white working class areas.

Was that under Alan Sked, or when Farage took the helm?

On 05/05/2019 at 10:30, Top Cats Hat said:

So you don’t think that scribbling something on your ballot paper that no one will read, instead of voting or abstaining is childish?

You've obviously never been present at a count before.  

On 05/05/2019 at 10:30, Top Cats Hat said:

Some of them have been read by thousands of the public as many have been printed in the national newspapers and I must add there were quite a few good comments written on some of them.

4 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Some of them have been read by thousands of the public as many have been printed in the national newspapers and I must add there were quite a few good comments written on some of them.

And laughed at by most people. 😂

So we have gone from no one reading the comments, to every one laughing at them . Says it all really