Local elections 2 May 2019

5 minutes ago, nightrider said:

I don’t think party political membership is a barrier? Though personally I would not want to employ someone with those types of views.

I totally agree that political affiliation shouldn’t be a barrier except in positions of authority, but like you, I would never employ someone associated with far right politics.

Of course the other side of that is that some may employ him because he supports UKIP. 😉

I'm guessing he didn't much appeal to the "enemy combatants" "raping their way through Britain", as one of UKIP's advisers described all Muslims.

6 hours ago, Magneteer said:

The local elections "should " be all about bins and roads etc, but the electorate have had to use them as the only weapon they have available to them, to batter the main parties severely around the head in an attempt to make them listen. Things like Brexit and Donald Trump etc, have happened purely because politicians "refuse to listen" and "think they know best" . Don't worry, I'm sure the bins will still get emptied.

Point taken but it also highlights that all of a sudden Joe Bloggs / Jane Bloggs / Bloggs (doesn't identify with any gender, (just covering all the bases there),  sees themselves as not only representing themselves as a councillor for the city but then also in this age social media (or personal media broadcasting), bit also announcing themselves on a wider stage.  Take for example the self grandiose of the Greens Majid Majid & his comments on Donald Trump, even though Trump has never had any intention to come to Sheffield but it got Majid in the headlines. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

Well.

I voted the way I did because of

Trees

Personal politics

Brexit

So local issues first, and then national ones.

23 hours ago, apelike said:

Which brexit supporting parties would that be then as I have not seen any on my ballot paper? We will now have to await for the pollsters to do their bit to give us an idea of how and why people voted the way they did. 

There wasn’t any Brexit parties on my voting paper either,  just the cons, lab and libs.  So  I didn’t bother to vote.   

On 03/05/2019 at 17:18, Top Cats Hat said:

I don't know what makes you look more ridiculous. Thinking about spoiling your ballot paper or telling people on the internet  that you were thinking about spoiling it.

What are you? Five years old? 

What do you expect when most of our MPs act as though they are 5 years old.

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Isn’t he supposed to be a solicitor? 😳

And ???????

14 hours ago, Baron99 said:

So in light of Labour's seat losses in Sheffield, Julie Dore had to fend off a leadership challenge from Coun. Terry Fox.  Attempting replace one incompetent for another. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/leadership-challenge-fails-as-julie-dore-hangs-on-as-sheffield-labour-leader-following-losses-in-the-council-chamber-1-9749043

Really listening to Dore on Radio Sheffield, I thought I'd gone back in time to the days of Jan Wilson; "We need to engage & LISTEN to the people of Sheffield." 

Ah but that's the trouble Julie luv, you don't listen 99% of the time as you presume the status quo will persist,  safe in the knowledge that Labour will keep control in Sheffield based on the the safe Labour seats guaranteed in the estates with the poor electorate turnouts. 

Please don't remind me of Jan ( we care for everyone ) Wilson , who then turfed a thriving club for people with disabilities out of their venue and to this day that club has not recovered properly

julie bore is a shocking leader to lead the party  along with the rest of the cronies  

21 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

And ???????

Being a candidate for a far right political party with links to fascist groups and white supremacists is not a good look for a solicitor.

It also leaves you open to blackmail. 😵

I didnt vote,as noboddy represented my views for

A standard working week of 30 hours

a national wage of 12 quid an hour across all sectors no less no more private secor incl

a targeted birth rate below one child per family

Re introduction of the death penalty for murder and above

Scarpping of nuclear deterent

A commitment to release only PURE water into water courses

A commitment to introduce forrest areas half the size of london each year to tackle carbon emmisions

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Being a candidate for a far right political party with links to fascist groups and white supremacists is not a good look for a solicitor.

Is UKIP a  political party ? Is it legal ?

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

is that  your opinion  though  to be  far left is no better than far right  and that what corbyn is