Local elections 2 May 2019

UKIP got mullered losing 1300 seats. And UKIP got mullered as well.

Wake up. Brexit is dead.

40 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

UKIP got mullered losing 1300 seats. And UKIP got mullered as well.

Wake up. Brexit is dead.

Yet according  to the papers tomorrow, labour, ukip and tories getting hammered is a sign we really want brexit.

It defies any and all logic.

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yet according  to the papers tomorrow, labour, ukip and tories getting hammered is a sign we really want brexit.

Yes it does. They have utterly lost touch with reality.

Remainers must not lose their nerve. We will win in the end.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

The bulk of Labour and Tory seats that were lost went to the Lib Dem’s and the Greens, both remain parties. UKIP got their arses kicked,

All yesterday’s results showed was that lots of Leave supporters are having a massive sulk! 😳

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The bulk of Labour and Tory seats that were lost went to the Lib Dem’s and the Greens, both remain parties. UKIP got their arses kicked,

All yesterday’s results showed was that lots of Leave supporters are having a massive sulk! 😳

Roll on May 23 when Brexit supporters can absolutely display their anger by voting in democratic elections for a body they claim is undemocratic.

If Yaxley-Lennon gets elected that will be democracy won’t it? He will be a democratically elected member of a democratic body.

It has to be said Brussels has some great bars and I’m sure Tommeh will enjoy every second.

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No guessing UKIP will be wiped out at the European elections, only question is will the Brexit Party rise higher?   Disaffected Torys, protest voters, lower than average IQ easily swayed and anti foreigners, will be drawn like the proverbial flies round a black market chocolate cigar, to add to those few genuine reasons,

I've stated on to the old brexit  threads a few times, the European Parliament is a white folks club and has no intention of reforming , what better way is there than to than to vote in some of Britain most notoriously (ring stops) Watchout Europe Britains answer to the Adams family could be coming.

The day after Europeans voting card came through the door, so did a Brexit Party leaflet, obviously they'll be a well bankrolled campaign, and the media loves a Circus.

Haha 

So in light of Labour's seat losses in Sheffield, Julie Dore had to fend off a leadership challenge from Coun. Terry Fox.  Attempting replace one incompetent for another. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/leadership-challenge-fails-as-julie-dore-hangs-on-as-sheffield-labour-leader-following-losses-in-the-council-chamber-1-9749043

Really listening to Dore on Radio Sheffield, I thought I'd gone back in time to the days of Jan Wilson; "We need to engage & LISTEN to the people of Sheffield." 

Ah but that's the trouble Julie luv, you don't listen 99% of the time as you presume the status quo will persist,  safe in the knowledge that Labour will keep control in Sheffield based on the the safe Labour seats guaranteed in the estates with the poor electorate turnouts. 

I don't thinks its particularly a leave or stay argument that is causing so much anger from people against the main political partys.

Its their inability to sort it out and  get on with it ,most people I talk to are fed up to the back teeth of it now.

8 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Funny but I thought these elections were about getting the bins emptied; getting the roads repaired & swept; tackling anti-social behaviour etc?

There was no evidence that Brexit was on the agenda from the literature dropped through my letter box prior to last Thursday. 

It was the usual stuff.  Lab blaming central Govt for cutting funding; Greens wanting to keep the trees & protect us all; LibDems informing us how they're keeping an eye on Sheffield Lab. 

Must have missed her Brexit bit! 

This thread is about the local elections

While there is no doubt the two subjects are linked please dont turn this into another discussion solely about Brexit.

Thank you.

Edited by nikki-red

To be honest I don't think local councillors should be blamed for the Brexit mess but people see that because they are Labour or Conservative even if they don't blame them for the mess in Westminster they still see them as working for the party. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Funny but I thought these elections were about getting the bins emptied; getting the roads repaired & swept; tackling anti-social behaviour etc?

There was no evidence that Brexit was on the agenda from the literature dropped through my letter box prior to last Thursday. 

It was the usual stuff.  Lab blaming central Govt for cutting funding; Greens wanting to keep the trees & protect us all; LibDems informing us how they're keeping an eye on Sheffield Lab. 

Must have missed her Brexit bit! 

The local elections "should " be all about bins and roads etc, but the electorate have had to use them as the only weapon they have available to them, to batter the main parties severely around the head in an attempt to make them listen. Things like Brexit and Donald Trump etc, have happened purely because politicians "refuse to listen" and "think they know best" . Don't worry, I'm sure the bins will still get emptied.