Local elections 2 May 2019

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Fellow forumer and former Woodseats postman Jordan Pont after coming last for the BNP in East Ecclesfield last time out has now come last for the NF! 

That’s what I call consistent. 😉

If he loses 7 does he get to go on newsnught every other week like Nigel does?

57 minutes ago, WalkleyIan said:

I think the greens missed a golden opportunity to take a seat Walkley  for the first time.  The LD result still way down from the days when they held all 3  seats   

Yes that was a shame. Bernard for The Greens only lost by 41 votes.

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

If Labour lose 3 next year they'll be down to 46 seats - 43 needed for a majority.

I make it that if the ward results are repeated next year Labour will lose 8 councillors, so they would be short of a majority.

Postscript: though they would win one back in Stocksbridge, so would be only one seat short of a majority.

Edited by c00kie
Postscript

now the labour party may wake up in sheffield and listen to what the public want,not what they think we want,nice to see bob mccann 

win beighton.we may now get some sensible decisions for everyone as they will hopefully listen.

at  sheffield the people aresaying noto the rubbish services provided the arrogance of labour councillors   they either  look up or lose majority  at last 

Edited by ormester

On 22/04/2019 at 09:51, CLECKHECK said:

I've already voted by post; deliberately and knowingly "spoiled" my ballot paper having read the flyers from the various candidates.  Enough said!

I admit I was tempted to do the same, but after a cuppa and a biscuit and a bit of thought - - well maybe that's not the way to go. So decided to pick a candidate outside of the Tory, Labour, Libdem bunch. At least someone got my vote, even though they had a snowball in hell's chance of getting elected.

Angel1

Currently the Conservatives have lost over 1000 seats, thats a heafty kicking from the electorate.

32 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I admit I was tempted to do the same, but after a cuppa and a biscuit and a bit of thought - - well maybe that's not the way to go. 

I don't know what makes you look more ridiculous. Thinking about spoiling your ballot paper or telling people on the internet  that you were thinking about spoiling it.

What are you? Five years old? 

None of the seats in Rotherham were contested, that is some going. At least I have the European Elections to vote in.

Both May and Corbyn have claimed that the results are due to the public being fed up with Brexit and just wanting them to "get on with it".

If that was the case I'd have expected a surge in votes for parties supporting Brexit, that didn't happen.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I admit I was tempted to do the same, but after a cuppa and a biscuit and a bit of thought - - well maybe that's not the way to go. So decided to pick a candidate outside of the Tory, Labour, Libdem bunch. At least someone got my vote, even though they had a snowball in hell's chance of getting elected.

Angel1

I spoilt my paper. I simply wrote " Deliver Brexit as Promised - Traitors " 

1 hour ago, taxman said:

Both May and Corbyn have claimed that the results are due to the public being fed up with Brexit and just wanting them to "get on with it".

If that was the case I'd have expected a surge in votes for parties supporting Brexit, that didn't happen.

Which brexit supporting parties would that be then as I have not seen any on my ballot paper? We will now have to await for the pollsters to do their bit to give us an idea of how and why people voted the way they did.