Sign in to follow this  

Snooker World Championship at The Crucible.

Enjoyed the first day but Mark Williams interview at the end was interesting, sounds like he really has been treated poorly, they even seemed to treat John Higgins better despite the bad publicity he brought to the game.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/20/mark-williams-enough-world-snooker-appalling-treatment-9278930/

I’m not a snooker fan but am so enjoying this championship. What an ideal place The Crucible is for this venue.

Edited by pattricia

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 07:48, pattricia said:

I’m not a snooker fan but am so enjoying this championship. What an ideal place The Crucible is for this venue.

I've been telling myself for about 10 years that I'm going to visit the Winter Gardens during the broadcast to be in the background while the pundits are talking, but I can never be bothered to do it.

Really hope Robertson beats “the cheat” !

On 29/04/2019 at 17:54, Yeah but said:

I've been telling myself for about 10 years that I'm going to visit the Winter Gardens during the broadcast to be in the background while the pundits are talking, but I can never be bothered to do it.

Daughter did this last week.  She really enjoyed it.  She played snooker on the table behind Hazel, Steve Hendry and John Parrot 

Has anyone seen the snooker fan this year who flys 17,000 miles from Australia to watch snooker at the Crucible?

44 minutes ago, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

Has anyone seen the snooker fan this year who flys 17,000 miles from Australia to watch snooker at the Crucible?

No but as they just announced that tickets for the front few rows  next year will be around £100 each or more per session am guessing many of the regulars will be non to happy! 

https://c.ststat.net/content/sites/worldsnooker/formats/2019BetfredWorldSnookerChampionshipTicketInformation.pdf

I have never had any interest in snooker. Seeing all the hassle it creates around the crucible every year and the huge amounts of time the BBC spents on it makes me wonder if people really like it.

Met and talked with  a couple of young people from Ireland on a walk by canal in Sheffield cause they like snooker.

Still amazes me to see how little interest there is for it in local people. Actually I find it a pretty boring thing myself. And the better players just pop them bals in order with little else happening.

Edited by dutch