Best curry house in Sheffield?

i know its not sheffield but tried the Maazi in hathersage last week , its the old walnut club best curry i've had in years

i know its not sheffield but tried the Maazi in hathersage last week , its the old walnut club best curry i've had in years

A friend of mine when there a few weeks ago and said he really enjoyed it.

Regards

Doom

The Admiral in Mosborough do a nice curry. Get a large tray of chips with a curry, and enjoy this traditional Asian cuisine at your leisure.

That's good as their fish and chips are crap!

---------- Post added 07-10-2013 at 09:17 ----------

Panahar is pretty good, the added bonus is the Abbeydale Brewery's Rising Sun across the road.

Have to give this a go, thanks for the recommendation.

Jumeirah Spice

Ecclesfield, S35 9WJ Sheffield

best curry around at min beats 7 spices mangal ect.... friendly staff will be goin again

Not in sheffield but the mogul rooms in bird well is lovely. Heard a rumour that they're opening one in north sheffield - high green

agree, it's very good. They've done a good job of renovating the place too. It's a nice place to go for a meal if you fancy getting out of the city.

Nowhere near as nice in terms of surroundings, but also good Indian food, is Raaz on Sowerby Street in Chesterfield.

Best newcomer I tried in Sheffield in the past year or so would be Prithiraj on Eccy Road.

I still think that Akbar's (between Meadowhall and Rotherham - not the copycat version on West st) is the best overall and very good value for money. Just depends on whether you can be bothered to drive all the way out there and put up with the Chavs that frequent it.

I'm a fan of Ayesha's on Dronfield bottom - good atmosphere and never disappointed with the food. Have to say though my favourite is Akbars near Meadowhall - love the décor etc inside and always really enjoy meals there. Whatever day of the week/time we go on it is always busy - surely a good sign.

They have probably realised, like so many curry places that cater mainly to a white British clientele, that the quality of the food is not very important for most people.

I disagree I feel we have quite a lot of white British people with a great palette for a nice curry, speaking personally I love Koh Hi Noor at Handsworth.

Had another terrific meal at The Ashoka on Friday Night.

The Lamb chop Starters are outstanding