Best curry house in Sheffield?

49 minutes ago, goldenfleece said:

I still love Balti King

You're joking of course. It's the worst curry house I've ever been to. I suspected as much before I went and so it proved. The 'curry' seemed to be a tin of tomatoes with some chilli powder in it.

I'm always hoping it will close down and be replaced by a proper curry house as Broomhill is in need of one.

The Ghurka Kitchen is the best for me.

9 hours ago, sedith said:

The Ghurka Kitchen is the best for me.

where is this

Barnstaple

http://www.gurkhabarnstaple.co.uk/

Just now, sedith said:

Barnstaple

I used the Mangla for many years but it went downhill for me; the Kashmir I felt was little too basic.  First one I ever went in was the Indus in Fitzalan Sq. I also remember old 'Slammer' on Attercliffe Common. The days when the table covering was old lino nailed to it. Happy days.

Just outside my radius when considering a curry :)

4 hours ago, Vrev said:

Just outside my radius when considering a curry :)

If you are ever down this way it's worth a visit? It'd still be 20 miles for me.  We have two in my town, one shocking and one mediocre. I had a good one at Chutney at Gleadless Town End when I was up  in Sheffield last year.  Obviously I haven't been able to get up to Sheffield for over a year now for lockdown purposes

On 08/03/2021 at 14:10, sedith said:

Barnstaple

I used the Mangla for many years but it went downhill for me; the Kashmir I felt was little too basic.  First one I ever went in was the Indus in Fitzalan Sq. I also remember old 'Slammer' on Attercliffe Common. The days when the table covering was old lino nailed to it. Happy days.

Loved the Spittal Hill ones - Kashmir was excellent - especially when you had to ask for cutlery. And the records on the wall - so and so ate so many gluabs...

Guest makapaka
On 21/02/2021 at 12:58, goldenfleece said:

I still love Balti King

You’re kidding?

On 21/02/2021 at 12:58, goldenfleece said:

I still love Balti King

We call it the Balti Ming... 🤮

Butlers was gorgeous last time I was there. Rajput in Walkley has some great fish dishes. 

@FIRETHORN1 You can still get a  good Curry on Brick Lane. There is a lot of restaurants so you get staff standing outside trying to get you inside (free wine, discount ect). Worth having a look online at  Timeout and other sites to see the recommended ones.  The Famous Curry Bazar and Bengal Village are nice and seem to get good reviews.  If you don't like any of the Curry places there is always the Beigel shops.

Maazi in Hathersage only place I bother with now -excellent