Best curry house in Sheffield?

The top one on Trip Advisor is Viraaj on Chesterfield Road.

I can't say I've heard of it or tried it, but it's above quite a few deent ones I've been too in the past.

Regards

Doom

I remember the Islamabad on Attercliffe from about a hundred years ago when the meals were not served with cutlery and it was always full of Asian & Indian customers!!

Long since gone however (sad face) and one that is really worth a look is Parkgate Indian near retail world in Rotherham. They do a banquet for £11 per person including wine, or everything half price Tuesdays & Thursdays. Always have a good meal there and staff are friendly every time.

The top one on Trip Advisor is Viraaj on Chesterfield Road.

I can't say I've heard of it or tried it, but it's above quite a few deent ones I've been too in the past.

Regards

Doom

It's always been fabulous. Never had even an average main course there.

me and the family (5 adults 2 kids) went to Jumeirah Spice in ecclesfield last week,it was our first visit and the food and service was excellent...although it was expensive(£150) it was well worth it...ive been eating curries for over 30 years and i'd put the Jumeirah Spice in my top ten without a doubt...maybe top 3 even...

i think the drinks cost over 50 quid so it wouldn't have been that expensive had we all drank water :)

Another vote for The Jumeirah Spice at Ecclesfield. Went 3 times in 8 days a couple of weeks back. Stepson had a Lamb Pathia, and said it was the best curry he had ever had.............. and believe me he's had a few, in England, Thailand, Spain, Australia. Just love the fish curries that they have on Buffet nights. OH OH, starting to get the urge to go there again.

aagrah is good

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 23:26 ----------

akbars also

Went to Cutlers Spice last night and really enjoyed it, the curries are full of flavour its a nice place and the service is good (if a little rushed), very big portions so dont order too much!

Have always had a really good meal at Rupyaal restaurant on Abbeydale Rd

their 2 for 1 offers were always very good. Went again a few weeks ago and was very surprised they had closed, and a Chinese takeaway was opening.Does any one know what happened to them ,have they moved to a new premises, If so where.