Best curry house in Sheffield?

don't you like akbars or something pete ? iv only ever heard good things about that place

I have never been there but I do like desi Pakistani food!

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 14:40 ----------

Akbars Downtown Sheffield is nothing to do with the original Akbar chain of Bradford/Leeds/Rotherham and cannot be compared to http://www.akbars.co.uk

That is the one I linked to - it has three branches in Bradford.

I have never been there but I do like desi Pakistani food!

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 14:40 ----------

That is the one I linked to - it has three branches in Bradford.

maybe you should go, pakistani, indian , whatever, its outstanding.any true curry fan knows this. treat yourself !

maybe you should go, pakistani, indian , whatever, its outstanding.any true curry fan knows this. treat yourself !

I consider myself a "true curry" fan and on three visits to Akbars I have found it to be totally average, the Shapla in Sheffield (for one) is miles better.

I consider myself a "true curry" fan and on three visits to Akbars I have found it to be totally average, the Shapla in Sheffield (for one) is miles better.
well you cant please everybody, il check out shapla in January and see for myself

There are loads of great curry houses in sheffield I have to say I would put Akbars in the "OK" category Butlers, Gulshan, Ashoka and Mangla (though it has plenty of off days) are all much better. Shapla has great service but I think the food is really bland I can't understand people's praise of the place. But each to there own I suppose:)

butlers on broad lane if eating in

best take away bayleaf at ecclesfield

Agree with Landlord123 ... Cutlers Spice on Leighton Road. The food is really tasty, staff very friendly & decor spot on.

no for me the little india at gleadless townend is still the best great tasting food fantastic poppadoms, and the chicken karhi with mushrooms and taka dal the best anywhere in sheffield

me and the family (5 adults 2 kids) went to Jumeirah Spice in ecclesfield last week,it was our first visit and the food and service was excellent...although it was expensive(£150) it was well worth it...ive been eating curries for over 30 years and i'd put the Jumeirah Spice in my top ten without a doubt...maybe top 3 even...

i think the drinks cost over 50 quid so it wouldn't have been that expensive had we all drank water :)

Edited by px200

me and the family (5 adults 2 kids) went to Jumeirah Spice in ecclesfield last week,it was our first visit and the food and service was excellent...although it was expensive(£150) it was well worth it...ive been eating curries for over 30 years and i'd put the Jumeirah Spice in my top ten without a doubt...maybe top 3 even...

i think the drinks cost over 50 quid so it wouldn't have been that expensive had we all drank water :)

Must agree, as one of a party of 10, I went last week, we all opted for the buffet option, delicious! the lamb and ginger and fish curries were among the best I've ever tasted!