Best curry house in Sheffield?

currently using Sangams out in Hathersage , its pretty good . used to use the Mangla regularily but its gone downhill

currently using Sangams out in Hathersage , its pretty good . used to use the Mangla regularily but its gone downhill

I heard Butlers Balti House had gone downhill.

And they were right.

They moved further down Broad Lane.:hihi:

indus at attercliffe

I've just been to a nearly Sheffield curry house - Apna's @ Rotherham.

Fantastic for £11 a head, never seen so much meat in a curry.

Ambar, shapla, butlers and Rajput are my regulars I don't go to the Aagrah as often now though.

I went to Khushi last night, on Abbeydale Road. The buffet was good, especially for £7.95. They were very friendly and welcoming, despite having a very large party due in. The number of dishes on offer was quite small and they put only small amounts out, with more being added when needed. Meat was mainly on-the-bone but there was plenty of it, and very nicely spiced. Seviyan was available at the end for a bit of sweet relief!

Not a deluxe dining experience, but the food is good and the buffet is great value.

Kashmiri Aroma is the best in my humble opinion.

Great service (manager is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet!)

Food good value, big portions and free poppadoms and pickles is a winner in my book!

7 spices @ WestBar Roundabout always a winner.

7 spices @ WestBar Roundabout always a winner.

I used to think this place had got it spot on until around 3 years back we had a run of two or three visits during which the standard of the food and - it has to be said - the cleanliness of the restaurant, went downhill.

I will return but there are places which I'd rather visit in the knowledge that the food is better and the environment spotless. A shame because I always thought the staff at 7 Spices were great.

Really? the whole place has always been spotless when I visited, in fact in the last year or so it was even re-decorated. The staff are as friendly as they were 10 years ago in my eyes.

I have been to many Sheffield curry spots and found a lot to vary in quality and salt content !

On average 7 spices always produces a good curry at a very good price.

The bankers draft do a very good curry on a Thursday, curry and a drink for £6.09 I think, this place is just next to the castle square tram stop in the city centre.

The bankers draft do a very good curry on a Thursday, curry and a drink for £6.09 I think, this place is just next to the castle square tram stop in the city centre.

Oh, I think most on here know where the Bankers is :hihi: