Sign in to follow this  

iPhone 5s Screen

I was thinking of fitting a new screen to my spare phone (5s) as it was yellowing on the edges and not looking as sharp. I noticed today that the screen has started lifting and looks like black sealant under it. I'm wondering if the screen lifting would make the job easier, or is it a sign of more serious problems?

If I decide to do it, I want to keep the finger print unlock etc. Worth it or not? Also, what kind of money if someone did the job with parts and labour?

Thanks

Do you mean the actual LCD screen, or just the digitizer/glass on the front that's lifting?

as if it's the screen it's self,  it could be the battery that's bulging (only thing that could cause pressure/pushing from the inside really)

Otherwise, replace the digitizer and you should be fine

It looks too thin to be an LCD so I'd say the digitizer/glass ( under 1mm thick)

The screen was showing yellow edges though, this was before I noticed the glass lifting. I was wondering the cost of a new screen and would it make it an easier job with the top bit lifting. It all works ok but as I said, it's a spare phone so I'll have to look at the cost and go from there.

Apple are going to have a look next week.

It seems it's a fault on the 5s. I can't see them swapping it or repairing FOC but I'll let you know the outcome.

New 5s from Apple

Battery had bulged causing the top of the screen to pop out. Replaced the phone. Probably refurbished but I'm not complaining.

6 minutes ago, Sorobin said:

Good phone, I really like the size

They are.

My main phone is a Galaxy S8, apart from the difference in overall power, I like the size/build quality of the 5s. I think it's just about at the end of updates to IOS though.