The Devonshire, is it a pub or playground,?

the dev ,,herries road,,,

Last I went it was a pub that allowed kids in. If you don't like it there's plenty of pubs that don't.

Kids didn't used to be allowed in the tap room but I've heard it's just one big room now

44 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Last I went it was a pub that allowed kids in. If you don't like it there's plenty of pubs that don't.

Is it   a family friendly pub with children  play areas inside and outside . Facilities for changing  nappies etc  ?  Or just a pub where the manager couldn't care less .? if its the latter then its on its way out and you wouldn't be bothered . Would you ?

It's a family friendly pub judging from all the climbing frames etc outside.  It's a few years since I went in

I remember the Dev as a kid, we would have to sit in the car with a bottle of pop and a bag of crisps.

In my younger years it was a pretty standard pub for the area. Later on it became what we see today, with more emphasis on food and family. The problem I see in there is the same as a lot of pubs of this type, they allow so called parents to get hammered while their kids run riot. It's not all the parents but as usual, the few spoil it for the many!

In answer the OPs question. Until the <removed> head parents are sorted, it's a playground! (at times)

Edited by nikki-red

I don't know the Dev but I remember this dilemma when our children were young.  Which pubs can we take them where we and they will be welcomed?  It usually ended up with us going to pubs with a big beer garden, or pubs with one of those kiddies indoor soft-play areas.  They latter are generally such dreadful places for anything else except the kiddies soft play area!  Poor food.  Poor drinks etc.  It was easier to take them out on a long walk through the Derbyshire dales and tire the little devils out then stay outside with them.  

Of course, there are some pubs that allow kids in and the kids aren't a problem.  It's the parents, who allow them to run riot as someone has said.  I can think of one pub that I used to go in fairly regularly (without kids) where the parents were there like clockwork every night, with their two young kids (about 8 and 5).  They'd be there from 6pm till about 10pm.  They'd get the kids some crisps or chips and that would be their evening, whilst they got smashed.  

If you want to do that you should question why you had children in the first place maybe?

Sounds like a certain pub on Derbyshire Lane , Tup ?

I do like the pub ,its just the kids running all over shouting screaming...glad its not my local...