Man U's racist fans...

...are believed to be behind racial abuse directed at their player Ashley Young on Twitter after Tuesday nights football game.

A spokesman for the club has they are working to identify those responsible and will take 'the strongest possible action' against the culprits.

Shocking that this kind of nonsense still goes on - but good to know that Kick It Out  and others who campaign against  racism in football are working to get rid of it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/barcelona-vs-manchester-united-ashley-young-racist-abuse-fans-supporters-kick-it-out-statement-a8873556.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3DGRvfWyhjo2qCaD4qAZq0_CYo0gTGvg_9RgjboM5y3JOmFMgcLEJZSt8#Echobox=1555504644

Edited by Groose
Masked swearing

I remember visiting Hengers in the 90's and hearing supposedly Wednesday fans discussing planting trees along the side of the pitch at Hillsborough so that Carlton Palmer(one of their best ever players) could swing on them.

Inate racism.....hidden when the player is doing well and scoring goals, quick to surface when they have an off day.

Currently being stoked by a myraid of politicians all over the globe.

4 hours ago, Halibut said:

...are believed to be behind racial abuse directed at their player Ashley Young on Twitter after Tuesday nights football game.

A spokesman for the club has they are working to identify those responsible and will take 'the strongest possible action' against the culprits.

Shocking that this kind of nonsense still goes on - but good to know that Kick It Out  and others who campaign against  racism in football are working to get rid of it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/barcelona-vs-manchester-united-ashley-young-racist-abuse-fans-supporters-kick-it-out-statement-a8873556.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3DGRvfWyhjo2qCaD4qAZq0_CYo0gTGvg_9RgjboM5y3JOmFMgcLEJZSt8#Echobox=1555504644

The Kick it Out campaign is in football, but once again the platform is social media, and in this case Twitter, so while it's convenient to title the thread Man U's racist fans and maintain the lazy narrative that it's footballs problem, it's actually a problem that is much wider than that of 'football'. I have gone to football matches regularly for about 50 years and seen less instances of racism than I did in my few years at school back in the 60s and 70s, but it's so convenient these days to just label certain groups ….. like 'football supporters', but why not label these racists as 'Twitter users' instead and hold Twitter responsible rather than the club ?

Its still rife everywhere, the comments about Asians not playing football in case they get a corner and open a shop are still rife in the puerile childish ways of old,they've never gone away. Its not a football issue,its a mentality issue.

What about the "you fat bxxxxxx" when the keeper used to get abused  - is that more acceptable ?

Guest makapaka
13 hours ago, Michael_W said:

The Kick it Out campaign is in football, but once again the platform is social media, and in this case Twitter, so while it's convenient to title the thread Man U's racist fans and maintain the lazy narrative that it's footballs problem, it's actually a problem that is much wider than that of 'football'. I have gone to football matches regularly for about 50 years and seen less instances of racism than I did in my few years at school back in the 60s and 70s, but it's so convenient these days to just label certain groups ….. like 'football supporters', but why not label these racists as 'Twitter users' instead and hold Twitter responsible rather than the club ?

Couldn't agree more.

On 17/04/2019 at 18:27, taxman said:

I remember visiting Hengers in the 90's and hearing supposedly Wednesday fans discussing planting trees along the side of the pitch at Hillsborough so that Carlton Palmer(one of their best ever players) could swing on them.

Inate racism.....hidden when the player is doing well and scoring goals, quick to surface when they have an off day.

Currently being stoked by a myraid of politicians all over the globe.

Think that's a bit far fetched to be honest.

Edited by Bash Street

13 hours ago, willman said:

Its still rife everywhere, the comments about Asians not playing football in case they get a corner and open a shop are still rife in the puerile childish ways of old,they've never gone away. Its not a football issue,its a mentality issue.

What about the "you fat bxxxxxx" when the keeper used to get abused  - is that more acceptable ?

As Michael W said it is not a football problem at all. You will get the odd  nutter who chants out at a match but with cameras everywhere, they are soon caught. I remember one time when I was over there, a few years back I went to a match at Hillsborough with my adult sons. Wednesday were playing Brentford in the first leg of a 3rd div. playoff game and some jerk below us in the north stand was baiting a black player on the  Brentford team and the player tried to get at him. The 'fan' was uncovered the next day and banned for life.

Also, there is more to insults than race and colour, as you said, fat so and so, also four eyes, ginger nut, etc. I could go on, but of course, this was all under the bullying umbrella and mainly in the schoolyards. But social media is now the tool of choice and just punctuates the cowardice of these keyboard pieces of crap, as they are invisible to the offended person who cannot fight back without lowering themselves to the gutter level of the offender.

21 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Think that's a bit far fetched to be honest.

Well you weren't there were you....unless you were one of the two old Polish Barbers or the big fat racist having his hair done.

I was talking about the bit about Carlton Palmer being one of our best ever players, I underlined it to emphasise this. Palmer wasn't a bad player don't get me wrong, but one of our best ever? I don't think so.

12 hours ago, Bash Street said:

I was talking about the bit about Carlton Palmer being one of our best ever players, I underlined it to emphasise this. Palmer wasn't a bad player don't get me wrong, but one of our best ever? I don't think so.

Yes, thought you were pushing it a bit there!😂

1 hour ago, pintor said:

Yes, thought you were pushing it a bit there!😂

Well, he wasn't.😁

2 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Well, he wasn't.😁

2 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Well, he wasn't.😁

I know!