Blades v Forest

39 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Rotherham sent me a nice letter to thank me for my donation.

I'm getting tired of this 'United, all good, Wednesday, very poor' rhetoric.

Thousands of Wednesday fans helped to bail Rotherham out.

The majority of their fans still dislike us intently, but what the heck?

We've still got the six local teams and I hope it will be like that for centuries to come.

Your posts are good to read CM, but you must try to control your dislike and your digs.

We're all Sheffield aren't we?

Saved me the trouble. People forget at the time Wednesday were struggling financially big time aswell. Anyway match thread so not going to bang on about it.

Still reckon United have second in the bag though, I don't think Leeds have it in them to get it back

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Shame Wednesday didn't extend a helping hand when they were in dire straights really isn't it, only one club in Sheffield tried to help. 

I think you mean dire straits, but I really have no idea what you mean about helping out. I assume they must have been in financial trouble, but haven't Wednesday had their own problems. I heard they almost went bankrupt not that many years ago, until that Serbian /American guy(ex Leicester and Portsmouth) bought the club and paid off their debts. I really don't know why you think that Wednesday should help out Rotherham, just because they live next door.

Edited by Ontarian1981

14 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

The gap is no more. Good luck United. Leeds are swooning at the wrong time as usual. lol

Gooner here in peace. I'm a Londoner who moved to Sheffield 16 years ago (love it). Chose The Blades as my local team after some of the performances you put in against us around that time . Now I've seen the Blades more than I've seen Arsenal in recent years so I've become quite fond of you lot. Last week I was in a pub down south and next to me in the urinals was, of all things, a Leeds United fan! Singing his head off, he was, after their win against Wednesday. I think he thought that they were promoted already. It spoiled my evening a little lol. Can't help smirking today. But you guys are right - it really is squeaky bum time at the top of the Championship and could go either way - good luck!

2 hours ago, E-Man Groovin said:

Gooner here in peace. I'm a Londoner who moved to Sheffield 16 years ago (love it). Chose The Blades as my local team after some of the performances you put in against us around that time . Now I've seen the Blades more than I've seen Arsenal in recent years so I've become quite fond of you lot. Last week I was in a pub down south and next to me in the urinals was, of all things, a Leeds United fan! Singing his head off, he was, after their win against Wednesday. I think he thought that they were promoted already. It spoiled my evening a little lol. Can't help smirking today. But you guys are right - it really is squeaky bum time at the top of the Championship and could go either way - good luck!

You are right e man Leeds fans thought it was all over they were going around as if the season was over well what a shock they have had.I must say I never saw that result coming at Elland Road the ref did his best to help them sending of a guy for hand ball which he clearly did NOT handle and gave Leeds a penalty which was NOT a penalty I was surprised he allowed Wigan a goal the way he was reffing the match.I am not doing a Leeds by saying it is all over there are still three to go but it looks a lot better than it did Yesterday.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

You are right e man Leeds fans thought it was all over they were going around as if the season was over well what a shock they have had.I must say I never saw that result coming at Elland Road the ref did his best to help them sending of a guy for hand ball which he clearly did NOT handle and gave Leeds a penalty which was NOT a penalty I was surprised he allowed Wigan a goal the way he was reffing the match.I am not doing a Leeds by saying it is all over there are still three to go but it looks a lot better than it did Yesterday.

5 live sports news this morning said, Norwich got a late equaliser  to stay top and L.... missed a chance to go back into top 2 with defeat to Wigan, no mention of blades going second!

3 points is all that counts, two quality goals from Duffy and Stevens and Madine could have had a brace in the first half.

Lots to play for, and further twists and turns ahead.

6 hours ago, pintor said:

5 live sports news this morning said, Norwich got a late equaliser  to stay top and L.... missed a chance to go back into top 2 with defeat to Wigan, no mention of blades going second!

I've noticed more and more that the media are focusing primarily on Leeds then Norwich and then we may get a mention.

BBC Breakfast sports news this morning was all about Leeds shock home defeat.

Long may it continue. Let's use that underdog tag to our advantage. 

Must admit toward the end of last season Fulham's free flowing football seemed to attract more media attention than the steady performances of Neil Warnock's Cardiff

7 hours ago, pintor said:

Go back into top 2  lol? They were already there. Tell you what, it's better for United, especially the players to let the other guys have the limelight, keeps the pressure off so they can just go about their business.