Blades v Forest

It's not over until the fat lady sings. This one may go all the way to the wire.

45 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Leeds loosing. Said before I think there's more mistakes in Leeds than United so don't understand the fans being down about a 3 point gap.

The gap is no more. Good luck United. Leeds are swooning at the wrong time as usual. lol

Said it before and I will say it again, we need to just go again!

Play with a bit of pride and confidence, just really go for the maximum points total and hope for the best.  Once again it still isn't over and anything can happen, this time on Monday there's a good chance Leeds could leapfrog again and then it all goes again with two games to play!

Keep doing what we need to do, if we don't go up automatic, then we need to enter the play-offs full of confidence!

Great days football and you know what, forget United...The performance of the day for me has to be a very dogged Wigan team, they rode wave after wave and were brave enough to go at Leeds on the counter. Fair play to em and I hope they stay up.

I don't think the top 3/bottom 3 will change now. You'll kick yourselves if you lose it now

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Said it before and I will say it again, we need to just go again!

Play with a bit of pride and confidence, just really go for the maximum points total and hope for the best.  Once again it still isn't over and anything can happen, this time on Monday there's a good chance Leeds could leapfrog again and then it all goes again with two games to play!

Keep doing what we need to do, if we don't go up automatic, then we need to enter the play-offs full of confidence!

Great days football and you know what, forget United...The performance of the day for me has to be a very dogged Wigan team, they rode wave after wave and were brave enough to go at Leeds on the counter. Fair play to em and I hope they stay up.

Wigan are battling as they always do when facing relegation, you guys know that as well as the next man. However the team I am rooting for to stay up is Rotherham, they are battling in almost every game they play. Also, they were my Mum's team and all my old mates' team too, some of who I am still in contact with. I grew up in Catcliffe and Brinsworth, but I chose Wednesday as all my schooling was done in Sheffield. I guess that, and their ground impressing me as a young lad got me going in that direction. Can't truly remember the trigger, however.

Edited by Ontarian1981

1 minute ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Wigan are battling as they always do when facing relegation, you guys know that as well as the next man. However the team I am rooting for to stay up is Rotherham, they are battling in almost every game they play. Also, they were my Mum's team and all my old mates' team too, some of who I am still in contact with. I grew up in Catcliffe and Brinsworth, but I chose Wednesday as all my schooling was done in Sheffield. I guess that, and their ground impressing me as a young lad got me going in that direction. Can't truly remember the trigger however.I

Shame Wednesday didn't extend a helping hand when they were in dire straights really isn't it, only one club in Sheffield tried to help. 

The grinding out of todays win puts us in a good position now for the reputed £177 million windfall for being promoted

UTB

11 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I don't think the top 3/bottom 3 will change now. You'll kick yourselves if you lose it now

I don't get how you can make a statement like that considering the changes in the top 3 over the last couple of games?

It's as open as anything! Leeds are a quality attacking team when firing and they have more than enough about them to do the same again on Monday! 

If we were 4 points in front with 3 games to play then you might have a point, but we are level on points! We can't switch off, promotion may well rely on 9 points for either team, so we need to take every game at face value. 

I hope the blades go up dont want to play you in playoffs. Cant believe were still in the mix for a playoff place. Lose 4 then win three.. Crazy

17 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

I don't get how you can make a statement like that considering the changes in the top 3 over the last couple of games?

It's as open as anything! Leeds are a quality attacking team when firing and they have more than enough about them to do the same again on Monday! 

If we were 4 points in front with 3 games to play then you might have a point, but we are level on points! We can't switch off, promotion may well rely on 9 points for either team, so we need to take every game at face value. 

It's my opinion, I think it will finish as it is. You might drop out for a game but I think ultimately you will be more consistent than Leeds in the final 3 games

Leeds should get points taken off for their fans throwing coins at the players again this afternoon. 

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Shame Wednesday didn't extend a helping hand when they were in dire straights really isn't it, only one club in Sheffield tried to help. 

Rotherham sent me a nice letter to thank me for my donation.

I'm getting tired of this 'United, all good, Wednesday, very poor' rhetoric.

Thousands of Wednesday fans helped to bail Rotherham out.

The majority of their fans still dislike us intently, but what the heck?

We've still got the six local teams and I hope it will be like that for centuries to come.

Your posts are good to read CM, but you must try to control your dislike and your digs.

We're all Sheffield aren't we?