Dead Donkey bar

New place on Abbeydale road where Mr. Pickles used to be. Popped in at the weekend and it was decent imho! 

It does the job. Few things to work on i.e. needs more seats but they are fully aware and working on it apparently.

I popped in the other night and yes its a great new addition to Abbeydale Rd and I wish it well. Some former bar staff from the Broadfield are involved in this new venture.

Yes they need more seating, and if people have to stand, please install ledges around the pillars so peeps have somewhere to rest their beer on, this was probably raised already  🙂

Looks like this is now finished as its fully furnished now and some more ledges to rest drinks on.

What do other people think of this place? I think its na excellent addition to Abbeydale Road.

Tremendous choice now! Broady, Pic House, DD, Jabbarwocky, Beer Engine - all different but all great in their own way. Quality and stylish imho.

Called into Turners craft beer bottle shop the other day - they are just up the road from the Dead Donkey. I was talking to the new owners, they’ve have had their licence changed so you can now drink in as  well as take out. They’ve got a good selection and four keg beers on tap, with another four taps been fitted in early August. Lots of variety out there now for decent beers!  

I know it's been open a while but we just popped in this afternoon.  Nice atmosphere, small selection on draught but good enough.  Good place to meet for a long relaxed chat or a read of a paper. 

On 28/06/2019 at 10:27, jemson said:

Tremendous choice now! Broady, Pic House, DD, Jabbarwocky, Beer Engine - all different but all great in their own way. Quality and stylish imho.

Also the 'Barrow Boy' at the junction of Abbeydale Rd & Bedale Rd.