Steve Gibson calling for EFL to investigate Owls, Derby and Villa.

11 hours ago, atticus said:

Derby County's case is interesting:

They have just managed to make a profit of £14mil by selling the ground to the owner for £80mil.

Pride Park was previously valued at just £40mil so he's paid double its value presumably to inject extra funds in to the club and avoid breaching fair play rules.

Not in the spirit of the rules but probably not illegal.

Would this be an option for Chansari if Derby get away with it ?

I'd of thought he'd of done it if it was an option unless he thought there'd be too much opposition from fans about it.

I don't see why other chairman feel the need to call out other clubs though, when club's release their accounts the league will surely be able to tell from them if a club needs looking at

16 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Why should he shut the hell up though Mooks?... He has every right to hold a grudge when his team are complying with rules, yet others are blatantly exploiting them in order to gain an unfair advantage.

Whilst I can't say that I am 100%, in my opinion Sheffield Wednesday are using a similar method to that which LCFC were punished for a years ago. Therefore it is only right and consistent for the EFL to investigate the club and if found to be "cheating" the system, they should also be punished. 

Leicester City in conjunction with Dave Richards, sold sponsorship rights to a company for a minimal amount. The company in mention Trestellar Ltd, then sold all sponsorship rights back to the club for a fee in excess of £11m. This amount being the amount needed by the club in order to balance books and comply with FFP rules. 

Trestellar Ltd was a company registered in Sheffield (Shepcote) under the names of Dave Richards children, however the supposed business premises were empty and had no signs of said company existing. 

After a thorough investigations, it was ruled in favour of the EFL. 

So then you have to question the taxi and energy drink company who are dominant sponsors at Sheffield Wednesday? (X) months later, neither exist other than in branding? 

It appears that the companies in mention were set up just 48 hours prior to the sponsorship deal? The companies were created by Mr Chansiri,  before being transferred to a company called "Pan 1" in Hong Kong?.

It's ok saying that loopholes are there to be exploited, but SHOULD any club be found to be doing it to deliberately bypass rules, whether that be for financial gain or full an advantage over other clubs. Then they SHOULD be heavily penalised. 

Let's remember that these rules have been introduced to promote a level playing field, whilst PROTECTING clubs. 

IF any of these clubs have been naughty, then it is quite simple! PUNISH them heavily. Large fines, lengthly transfer embargos and point deductions. 

Cheats should be allowed to prosper..... Well done to Boro's chairman I say!  

Imagine how obsessed you have to be about a club to pour over the minutia of their financial dealings like that!

I cant imagine ever - and I mean EVER being that interested in the dark side enough to want to spend my precious time on their inner workings.

Chansiri has 'taken one for the team' in finding a way through.

It's similar to a player handling on the line to prevent a goal, thereby increasing the chance of his team going to the next level and pocketing millions of pounds.

Either way, it's cheating in my eyes.

That said, one gets a one match ban, but the other one should be fined, humiliated, taken to Court, hung drawn and quartered and his club should be banned from existence.

Errm?  ..... let the EFL deal with it, now it's been 'exposed'.

It's the Carlos Tevez situation in a round about way.

Some owners are grasping for any straw they can find.

I can't blame 'em, but if Chansiri hasn't broken any rules or laws, then the 'spirit of the game' can go to the foot of our stairs.

The Spirit of the game was thrown over a cliff when Sky signed their first deal with the FA, The EFL, Fifa and any other organisation that took the King's Shilling. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

4 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Chansiri has 'taken one for the team' in finding a way through.

It's similar to a player handling on the line to prevent a goal, thereby increasing the chance of his team going to the next level and pocketing millions of pounds.

Either way, it's cheating in my eyes.

That said, one gets a one match ban, but the other one should be fined, humiliated, taken to Court, hung drawn and quartered and his club should be banned from existence.

Errm?  ..... let the EFL deal with it, now it's been 'exposed'.

It's the Carlos Tevez situation in a round about way.

Some owners are grasping for any straw they can find.

I can't blame 'em, but if Chansiri hasn't broken any rules or laws, then the 'spirit of the game' can go to the foot of our stairs.

The Spirit of the game was thrown over a cliff when Sky signed their first deal with the FA, The EFL, Fifa and any other organisation that took the King's Shilling. 

Good post 100% agree.

On 17/04/2019 at 17:59, cmonkes said:

Why should he shut the hell up though Mooks?... He has every right to hold a grudge when his team are complying with rules, yet others are blatantly exploiting them in order to gain an unfair advantage.

Whilst I can't say that I am 100%, in my opinion Sheffield Wednesday are using a similar method to that which LCFC were punished for a years ago. Therefore it is only right and consistent for the EFL to investigate the club and if found to be "cheating" the system, they should also be punished. 

Leicester City in conjunction with Dave Richards, sold sponsorship rights to a company for a minimal amount. The company in mention Trestellar Ltd, then sold all sponsorship rights back to the club for a fee in excess of £11m. This amount being the amount needed by the club in order to balance books and comply with FFP rules. 

Trestellar Ltd was a company registered in Sheffield (Shepcote) under the names of Dave Richards children, however the supposed business premises were empty and had no signs of said company existing. 

After a thorough investigations, it was ruled in favour of the EFL. 

So then you have to question the taxi and energy drink company who are dominant sponsors at Sheffield Wednesday? (X) months later, neither exist other than in branding? 

It appears that the companies in mention were set up just 48 hours prior to the sponsorship deal? The companies were created by Mr Chansiri,  before being transferred to a company called "Pan 1" in Hong Kong?.

It's ok saying that loopholes are there to be exploited, but SHOULD any club be found to be doing it to deliberately bypass rules, whether that be for financial gain or full an advantage over other clubs. Then they SHOULD be heavily penalised. 

Let's remember that these rules have been introduced to promote a level playing field, whilst PROTECTING clubs. 

IF any of these clubs have been naughty, then it is quite simple! PUNISH them heavily. Large fines, lengthly transfer embargos and point deductions. 

Cheats should be allowed to prosper..... Well done to Boro's chairman I say!  

I can feel a demonstration in the car park coming up with the shoes off, maybe even a court case as well, or even a march on Parliament?

its the silly D taxis and other things like that ,that can of course cause problems,how can you advertise a company for years,but have no taxis?

but if its a loop hole well i dont blame him

13 hours ago, bassett one said:

its the silly D taxis and other things like that ,that can of course cause problems,how can you advertise a company for years,but have no taxis?

It's a bit like giving a ferry company a shipping contract who have no boats I suppose.Giving them millions to ferry freight across the channel how they do that I do not know without a boat but some one has a few extra quid in their pockets.

It's a bit like giving a ferry company a shipping contract who have no boats I suppose.Giving them millions to ferry freight across the channel how they do that I do not know without a boat but some one has a few extra quid in their pockets.

On 18/04/2019 at 20:53, Bash Street said:

I can feel a demonstration in the car park coming up with the shoes off, maybe even a court case as well, or even a march on Parliament?

I can feel a court case coming on. Mr Monkes has made some pretty serious allegations in his post. I do hope that he has the evidence to back them up, and the depth of pocket required to defend himself if he finds himself embroiled in a court case. Otherwise, he might well be in for a rude awakening 

I’d imagine that the owners of this site would be interested too, as they are the publishers of the potential libel.

14 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I can feel a court case coming on. Mr Monkes has made some pretty serious allegations in his post. I do hope that he has the evidence to back them up, and the depth of pocket required to defend himself if he finds himself embroiled in a court case. Otherwise, he might well be in for a rude awakening 

I’d imagine that the owners of this site would be interested too, as they are the publishers of the potential libel.

😀

Hearing Gibson's idea has been voted against by 18 out of 24 Championship clubs.

Seems like Steve Gibson is sueing derby that aint going to please there fans if they are caught out and they dont go up cause of the pressure. Be a slap in the face for ol lamps. 

Cant see it being right to be honest

18 minutes ago, Mooks said:

Seems like Steve Gibson is sueing derby that aint going to please there fans if they are caught out and they dont go up cause of the pressure. Be a slap in the face for ol lamps. 

Cant see it being right to be honest

I don't see how he can when technically they haven't broke the rules. Same with us if that's the route we've took. It should be the football league for not closing the loophole.

I'm all for any club doing what they can to compete with the unfairness of the FFP.  Gibson is starting to look abit foolish with all this now, he was invited by Derby to look over the accounts but declined it