Who stays, who goes at S6.

Spent the last couple of hours trying to sort this out and my opinion doesn,t count , so wouldn,t fancy having to make  a decision for real , but here goes. First of all i would be trying to sign  Hector, Lazaar and  Aarons on two year deals.  There is no doubt we need to be offering  Westwood a deal  as No.1,  with either  one of Dawson or Wildsmith  going out on loan.   I  would be looking to let Fox, Pudil,  Neilson , Jones,  Abdi,  Stobbs (loan),  Omahah, ( back to Spurs)  Nuhui,  Joao,  and Matias. go.  If Rhodes  wants to come back  i would be o.k with that, or if not get what we can for him.  The difficult one for me  was Keiran Lee,   all credit to him he has worked hard to put himself back in the picture therefore i would offer him a contract  with clauses attached.  That should free up a bit of money  . Lets see how SB  see,s it.

1 hour ago, ALAN 58 said:

Spent the last couple of hours trying to sort this out and my opinion doesn,t count , so wouldn,t fancy having to make  a decision for real , but here goes. First of all i would be trying to sign  Hector, Lazaar and  Aarons on two year deals.  There is no doubt we need to be offering  Westwood a deal  as No.1,  with either  one of Dawson or Wildsmith  going out on loan.   I  would be looking to let Fox, Pudil,  Neilson , Jones,  Abdi,  Stobbs (loan),  Omahah, ( back to Spurs)  Nuhui,  Joao,  and Matias. go.  If Rhodes  wants to come back  i would be o.k with that, or if not get what we can for him.  The difficult one for me  was Keiran Lee,   all credit to him he has worked hard to put himself back in the picture therefore i would offer him a contract  with clauses attached.  That should free up a bit of money  . Lets see how SB  see,s it.

How about Boyd, Pelupessy, & forgotten  Van Akens?

10 minutes ago, pintor said:

How about Boyd, Pelupessy, & forgotten  Van Akens?

Van A Ken  still in contract, keep Boyd and Pelupessy. 

Agree with most of that. Lazaar is a worry for me though, if it hasn't worked at Newcastle for him because of injuries it could be a risk.

Kieran Lee I'd offer him a contract on reduced terms, maybe with a clause that he gets a pay rise after so many games. 

Westwood is a must to keep and I think we will, Hooper and Lee are tough choices both excellent when fit but too often not.

Agree with most of the decisions on players to go but i'd add Boyd and perhaps Winnall.

Time to move on,for me they can all leave,shame about Palmer hes really stepped up this season,but hes 27 and never really pushed untill JL left,the rest are ageing and mostly in the physios room far too often,we need players that are available for 42 games,Westwoods had his injury woes good luck to him at huddersfield.

Id love to see us bring in Hector & Aarons if poss on terms,we need Rhodes hefty salary off the books and a more mobile striker with pace.

Big summer ahead of us,not a fan of Bruce or his brand of football,but hes a massive upgrade on JL.

Heard Keiran Lee & Boyd are off to Preston or Wigan this summer,wish em both luck,Hooper has a few offers to consider for his 26 games a season,and Abdi is off to foreign parts since he was banished from the squad,great irony is the guys been fit ALL season! Matias will go back to portugal,Jones is talking to several clubs in the NW,Blackburn his most likely end point.

Hopefully we will finally land Darlow this summer,if the mags bring in a new keeper as expected,depends on Benitez if he signs a new deal,which would push him out to 3rd choice,he almost came with the other two loanees,but regained his place on the bench the month before

Can't see Westwood going to Huddersfield at all. His kids are Owls fans and he's settled at the club, if he wanted to go he's have gone when he wasn't being played.

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Can't see Westwood going to Huddersfield at all. His kids are Owls fans and he's settled at the club, if he wanted to go he's have gone when he wasn't being played.

I hope not, he's worth another contract. Plenty of other dead wood to clear out before having to lose him

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I hope not, he's worth another contract. Plenty of other dead wood to clear out before having to lose him

Keeping him and securing Hector to a deal should be main priorities (ridiculous EFL rules permitting).

Of the out of contract players, the only one I'd try to re-sign is Westwood.

Those in contract, I'd be looking to offload Fox, Boyd, Van Aaaken, & Pelupessy.

I think Forestieri's time is up, time to cash in, although he's worth a fraction of what he was worth 3 years ago. All of this is subject to what we can spend to replace these players, if anything

Oh yes, and signing Hector if possible is up there with Westwood in terms of priorities

It depends how much wriggle room we have as to who we keep. I'd be tempted to keep Palmer as I guess his wage isn't too big. Definitely Westwood and Lee I'd like to be given a chance if his wages aren't too bad or tied into appearance's. Won't be too bothered about losing the rest

The ones we wouldn't miss in my opinion, Contracted or not, are:

Nuhiu - Boyd - Pudil - Onomah - Van Aken - Jones - Pelupessy - Nielsen - Fox and Rhodes.

I'd love to see the real Abdi play for a run of games and pray we could see the player who Watford fans said was 'twice the player Forestieri is'. 

To hear he's been fit all season and not get a game, seems very strange to me, regarding his reputation.

Westwood, Palmer, Lees, Hutchinson, Iorfa, Hector, Kieran Lee, Bannan, Reach, Aarons, Fletcher, Winnall, Joao, Forestieri and Matias are all worth their place.

If we have to shed 'strikers', then I'd be looking at Winnall and Matias.

Matias will always be  God in my eyes for that cracker at L***s.

My squad would be a good one to build on, in my opinion and leave Bruce to fill in the gaps. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954