Are bats roosting on the norton aerodrome?

Has anyone else seen bats on the old Norton aerodrome site? I wondered if they were roosting there in the old buildings. There are loads flying round on a mild evening. Some quite big ones which could be Noctules. 

Mark

its in the fly zone they use i am told,there are loads in greenhill/bradway,norton and graves park areas

Why are the management  shooting birds and wildlife?

Edited by Janus

So the birds they shoot are not limited to pigeons?

Was it the RSPCB that you reported them to?

Edited by Janus

Would it be DEFRA that would deal with this situation? 

According to the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981...

Protection of wild birds, their nests and eggs.E+W

(1)Subject to the provisions of this Part, if any person intentionally—

(a)kills, injures or takes any wild bird;

[F2(aa)takes, damages or destroys the nest of a wild bird included in Schedule ZA1;]

(b)takes, damages or destroys the nest of any wild bird while that nest is in use or being built; or

(c)takes or destroys an egg of any wild bird,

he shall be guilty of an offence.

The whole act is here...

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/69

The RSPCA seem to be very keen to pursue issues with animals. 

If the RSPCB  are  as keen I am surprised at no action.

2 hours ago, Janus said:

The RSPCA seem to be very keen to pursue issues with animals. 

If the RSPCB  are  as keen I am surprised at no action.

R.S.P.B  . Sorry to be pedantic

ive been trying to get through to rspca for a week imposible.its all press 1 2 3 4 5 6 and you just get a try our web site or the council...………….Sheffield branch don't even answer

the sooner that they get rid of the bats they will find other roosts and anything thats holding the council back then perhaps the site can be put to good use, housing for a start would be a good site for some development, its been a dead space eyesore for some time, sell it off the council needs some money.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

the sooner that they get rid of the bats they will find other roosts and anything thats holding the council back then perhaps the site can be put to good use, housing for a start would be a good site for some development, its been a dead space eyesore for some time, sell it off the council needs some money.

I understand that the site is a mix of brownfield and greenbelt land, so it won't be easy to build on. The complexities of building on greenbelt are numerous, otherwise, I'm sure that it would have been built on.

There was a rumour that it was to become a new hospital..that was some years ago.

22 hours ago, melv said:

I understand that the site is a mix of brownfield and greenbelt land, so it won't be easy to build on. The complexities of building on greenbelt are numerous, otherwise, I'm sure that it would have been built on.

There was a rumour that it was to become a new hospital..that was some years ago.

planning rules have changed considerably over the last few years heres hoping they are a bit more sensible over so called green belt land, councils need to less precious we have way more greenfield than we could ever need unless we have the doors wide open to the uk which is not happening now thank goodness.

All local councils and planning committees are very wary of creating a precedent over building on green belt land. The legalities would be enormous, with property companies, planners and local residents taking cases through the court system. The legal fees could be astronomical.

I don't know why immigration comes into the discussion?